You are here
Erica L. Oltra, M.D.
As a pediatric ophthalmologist, I love the everyday variety in my job. Not only do I see children of all ages for comprehensive eye care, but I also treat adults with strabismus and double vision. From seeing children for routine exams to treating complicated strabismus and pediatric eye disease, I pride myself on providing individualized and compassionate care to each of my patients and their families. I am particularly interested in the surgical management of pediatric cataracts and anterior segment eye disease. Most of my young patients will never remember my help, but I feel good knowing that my efforts can help them for a lifetime.
Specialties & Expertise
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Double Vision
- Anterior Segment of Eye Repair
- Cranial Nerve Palsy, Multiple
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 2009
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 2005
Honors & Awards
- 2017, New York Super Doctor - Rising Star
Dr. Oltra is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Weill Cornell Medicine and a member of the Weill Cornell Ophthalmology Department. Her practice interests include Pediatric Ophthalmology, Amblyopia, Pediatric Cataract and Anterior Segment, Adult Strabismus and Double Vision.
Dr. Oltra graduated with honors from Penn State University with a degree in Bioengineering. She then earned her M.D. from the Penn State College of Medicine and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. After an internship at Harbor UCLA, she moved to Chicago to complete her ophthalmology residency at the Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary at UIC where she elected to serve as chief resident. After residency, she then pursued a fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus at the Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA.
Dr. Oltra has published several peer-reviewed papers in major ophthalmology journals and has presented her research projects at many national meetings. She enjoys taking care of both pediatric and adult patients with strabismus and has a special interest in pediatric cataracts and anterior segment disease.