You are here
My hope is that patients see me as a doctor who cares about them, who listens carefully to their concerns, shares my knowledge and expertise, and works with them. When there does not appear to be a solution to their problems, I want patients to know that I will not give up and will be open to alternative treatments, as long as the benefit appears to outweigh the risk. And when the situation is difficult or complicated, I am there to help them navigate their way.
- Internal Medicine
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., New York Medical College, 1978
- B.A., New York University, 1970
Assistant Attending Physician
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Ellen Blye is an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is also a hypertension specialist, bone densitometrist, and menopause practitioner, certified by American Society of Hypertension, International Society for Clinical Densitometry, and North American Menopause Society, respectively.
Dr. Blye received her Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics from New York University. She pursued her medical studies at the Universita di Bologna in Italy, but later transferred to New York Medical College to finish her medical degree. She completed her internship in Internal Medicine at The Miriam Hospital and her residency at Lincoln Hospital. Subsequently, she completed her fellowship training in nephrology at St. Luke’s Hospital. Dr. Blye also started her own private practice in 1984.
Dr. Blye is a current member of 4 prestigious medical societies. She is a member of the American College of Physicians in Internal Medicine, the American Society of Hypertension, the North American Menopause Society, and the International Society of Clinical Densitometry.
Outside of work and family, Dr. Blye’s other passion is organic vegetable gardening.