My primary goal as a physician is to work closely with my patients to achieve their health goals. It is important that every patient understand his or her problems and treatment options. Preventive care is also critical. I am an internist with an emphasis on allergy and asthma. With asthmatics, it is especially important to make sure treatment goals are understood. It is an honor to work at the Iris Cantor Women’s Health Center in the presence of excellent physicians and staff.
Specialties and Expertise
- Allergy and Immunology
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Women's Health
- Adult Onset Immunodeficiency
Dr. Elizabeth Leef Jacobson graduated from Bryn Mawr College in 1983 and received her medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 1990. She completed her internship and residency at Lenox Hill Hospital and her Allergy and Immunology fellowship training at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell in 1995.
Dr. Jacobson was appointed Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 1996 and Assistant Attending Physician at New York Presbyterian Hospital in 1995. She practices at the Iris Cantor Women's Health Center, a multidisciplinary practice providing comprehensive, coordinated care to both women and men.
Dr. Jacobson directs a Women's Health elective for fourth-year medical students and participates in the Introductory Clerkship and Medicine, Patients and Society courses for first- and second-year medical students.
Dr. Jacobson is a diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. She is a member of the American College of Physicians.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
2008-Excellence in Teaching award-Weill Medical College
- American Board of Allergy & Immunology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Ehrenkranz/Orli R. Etingin, M.D. Assistant Professor in Women's Health - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1990
- A.B., Bryn Mawr College, 1983
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported