You are here
New York, NY 10279
New York, NY 10279
My drive as a physician stems from my lifelong support for women’s health and rights issues along with the inspiring training I received during medical school at Weill Cornell Medical College. Every woman deserves high quality healthcare and it is very satisfying to come full circle and provide this service to women through Weill Cornell Medicine.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1988
- B.A., Harvard College, 1984
A Detroit native, Dr. Edward Jew earned his Bachelor of Arts in Psychobiology from Harvard University. He continued medical studies at Weill Cornell Medical College. It was here that his interest in fetal development and women’s health studies accelerated his interest in pursuing a future in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Upon graduating from Weill Cornell, he completed residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Mt. Sinai Medical Center. Since then he has been a board certified Ob/Gyn and a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine in 2015; Dr. Jew practiced and held a teaching position at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital for many years. He held a faculty appointment and taught and trained medical students as well as residents in Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has a particular interest in obstetrics, and treatment of women with fibroids and irregular menses. He has worked with Dr. Lily Hanna, Dr. Harry S. Lee and Dr. Jacques Moritz since his time at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital.