Cynthia L. Chen, M.D.
1305 York Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10021
P: 646-962-DERM (3376) | F: (646) 962-0033
156 William Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10038
P: (646) 962-3376 (DERM) | F: (646) 962-0033
I am passionate about providing personalized care for patients of all backgrounds. I understand that many factors outside the exam room affect a patient's experience with skin disease, and I strive to be sensitive to these influences to give my patients the best care possible. My teaching and research background makes me excited to be working at this institution amongst so many wonderful colleagues.
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Adolescent Dermatology
- Autoimmune Disorder
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Treatment
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Botox Treatment
- Juvederm Fillers
- Restylane Treatment
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, 2007
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2001
Assistant Attending Dermatologist
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Chen received her undergraduate education at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Molecular and Cell Biology with a minor in Education. She taught high school biology before attending medical school at the University of California, San Francisco.
During medical school she researched and completed a thesis in medical education and adolescent quality of life in dermatologic disease, which earned her grants from University of California San Francisco School of Medicine and the American Skin Association. Dr. Chen completed her internship in internal medicine at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, and her residency training in dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Chen has a special interest in leadership and education within the field of dermatology. She also has clinical and research interests in the areas of adolescent dermatology, dermatologic surgery, and complex medical dermatology.
Dr. Chen is also fluent in Mandarin.
To schedule an appointment, please call 646-962-DERM (3376).