Obstetrics and Gynecology
Locations and Appointments
- Certified Nurse Midwife
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Nurse Practitioner - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Staff Associate in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.A., New York University, 2005
- B.S.N., University of Victoria (Canada), 1999
My approach to Midwifery stems from a love of working with women and families. Pregnancy and birth have such a profound impact on everyone involved; the experience can be incredibly empowering! I endeavor to support women and families through this amazing journey by building trusting relationships, and giving informed choices so that they can feel safe, and cared for while also having a sense of control over their experience.
Coralie grew up in Calgary, Alberta and moved to Vancouver to attend Langara College where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Victoria. It was here that she first learned about Midwifery and her passion for the birthing process grew. Upon graduating from nursing school in 1999, she began her career working as a labor and delivery nurse at British Columbia Women's Hospital and Health Sciences Center. In Canada at that time there was no formal midwifery education, so she sought out training as a doula, lactation counselor and took additional perinatal specialty nursing courses. In 2002 Cory and her husband August, had the opportunity to move to New York and didn't think twice! New York offered her the chance to formally train as a midwife, and she graduated from New York University with a Master's degree in Midwifery, receiving the distinguished student award. While studying Midwifery at NYU, Coralie simultaneously worked as a nurse at Roosevelt Hospital in the Birthing Center alongside many incredible midwives and doctors. The experience was invaluable and led her to her mentors Midwife Sandra Woods and Dr. Jacques Moritz. Coralie joined Sandra in Dr. Moritz's practice in 2007 and is very proud to be part of its evolution to the incredible place it is now- with 5 midwives and a brand new birth center! Coralie hopes to continue the legacy of Ms. Woods providing quality women-centered care and support of natural childbirth.
Coralie has been a board certified midwife since 2005, practicing at Columbus Circle OBGYN out of Roosevelt Hospital (now Mount Sinai West) until she joined New York Presbyterian's Lower Manhattan Hospital in 2015 with the opening of the new Birth Center at Lower Manhattan.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care