Our breast surgery program offers holistic, complementary care services to our patients and families. Led by registered nurse and yoga instructor Fran Conway, these therapies address patients’ wellbeing and are provided at no additional cost.
Fran believes a person’s expectations and attitudes have a significant impact on their wellbeing and encourages patients to incorporate meditation, gentle yoga, breathing practices and relaxation exercise to help improve their outlook on their conditions, treatments and daily lives. Through her practice, she aims to help them navigate their individual healing processes.
Fran offers several complimentary workshops, including:
• Prepare for Surgery – This workshop addresses the patient’s concerns while preparing for surgery, radiation or chemotherapy. The five-step process includes the use of visualization to turn worries into positive healing energy, organizing a support group of family and friends, and using healing statements during surgery.
• Reiki – The hands-on, spiritual healing practice aims to reduce pain and lessen anxiety
• Gentle Therapeutic Yoga – Sessions incorporate relaxing poses that are completely adaptive to any level of fitness, ages or gender
• Breathing Exercises – Learn a series of breath work that can dramatically shift your mood within sixty seconds
• Meditation – Practice the art of being still and being in a state of relaxed, but heightened awareness
Workshops are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, although private, one-on-one sessions are also available. Please see the schedule below for session availability.
To learn more about the workshops or to schedule an appointment, please contact Fran at (212) 746-5360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. — Gentle Yoga 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Private Individual Session
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. — Peggy Huddleston’s Prepare for Surgery Technique 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. — Gentle Yoga 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. — Private Individual Session 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. — Private Individual Session