Welcome to the Department of Ophthalmology at Weill Cornell! It is truly an honor to provide you with the very best eye care. You will find that our team is highly dedicated not only to delivering outstanding care but also making your visit as comfortable and safe as possible. My specialty training is in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma but I also treat general eye conditions such as cataracts. Thank you for choosing Cornell and I look forward to meeting you.
Specialties and Expertise
Colleen Maturana, MD is a board-certified ophthalmologist and Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Weill Cornell Medicine. She specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma.
Dr. Maturana grew up in New Jersey and went on to obtain her undergraduate degree from Columbia University with a major in biology. She attended New York University School of Medicine before completing her residency training at Mount Sinai Hospital where she was Chief Resident in her final year.
After residency Dr. Maturana continued her training at Cornell with a specialization in glaucoma. She is trained in both the surgical and medical management of glaucoma including not only traditional filtering surgery but also an array of minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS). She is dedicated to staying up to date in her field especially when it comes to novel treatments and prides herself on being able to offer the most innovative therapies to her patients. Aside from glaucoma surgery she is also trained in femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery (FLACS), complex cataract extraction, and implantation of premium lenses including toric and multifocal intraocular lenses.
Dr. Maturana is currently accepting new patients. Appointments can be made by calling 646-962-2020.
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2015
- B.A., Columbia University, 2011
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported