Christopher Song, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Body Imaging
Christopher Song, M.D. is a radiologist specializing in Body Imaging. He is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Song earned his B.A. degree with honors from New York University in 2006. He received his M.D. degree with honors from Loyola University Chicago in 2011. He was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society during his senior year of medical school.
Dr. Song did an internship year in Internal Medicine at New York Downtown before completing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2012-2016) at New York Medical College – Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY. He then attended Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai for fellowship training in MRI and Body Imaging and was invited to join the radiology faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in July 2017.
Dr. Song's clinical expertise is in MRI and cross-sectional body imaging and he interprets a variety of modalities, including MRI, CT, PET-CT and ultrasound.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Song is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Song is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
• American College of Radiology (ACR)
• Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
• American Roentgen Ray Society
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University of Chicago, 2011
- B.A., New York University, 2006
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans