Claire Henchcliffe, M.D., D.Phil.
428 East 72nd Street, Suite 400
New York, NY 10021
P: (212) 746-2584 | F: (212) 746-8296
Personal StatementComing soon!
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1997
- M.A., Oxford University (United Kingdom), 1988
Honors and Awards
Open scholarship, University of Oxford, Keble College 1982-1985\Gibbs Prize in Biochemistry, University of Oxford, 1985Dee Scholarship, University of Oxford St Hugh's College 1985-1988
Harry S. Altman Memorial Prize; Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation; Helen M. Sciarra Prize in Neurology: College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1997
Daisy and Paul Soros Clinical Scholar in Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College 2006-2012
Fellow of the American Neurological Association 2011-present
Clinical Awards: America's Top Physicians (Consumer Research Council); Who's Who in America; International Association of Healthcare Professionals Top Neurologist in New York NY; Best Doctors
Associate Professor of Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Professor of Neuroscience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Neurologist
Claire Henchcliffe, MD, D.Phil received her medical degree from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York, and her doctorate from the University of Oxford, UK. She completed her training at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, with internship in the Department of Medicine and residency in Neurology at the Neurological Institute of Columbia Presbyterian. This was followed by a fellowship in Movement Disorders, also at the Neurological Institute. Dr. Henchcliffe now serves as Director of the Parkinson's Institute, and as Vice Chair for Clinical Research in Neurology at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. In addition to seeing patients with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders, Dr Henchcliffe's team conduct a number of clinical trials available for patient participation.