You are here
In my opinion being a good pediatrician is not just being able to diagnose and treat, but also being able to develop the trust of both the child and the parents. Seeing, experiencing, and participating in the growth of a child and his family is what pediatrics is all about.
Every child is an individual and every family something special.
Specialties & Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Bologna Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Italy), 1984
- B.A., Brooklyn College, City University of New York, 1976
Dr. Bruce Brovender graduated from Brooklyn College in 1976. He continued his medical studies in Italy where he received his MD in 1984. He completed his fellowship in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at New York University in 1988. He is a member of the American Medical Association, a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a member of the Board of Directors of Lenox Hill Hospital PHO, and an instructor of Child Abuse an Awareness for New York State.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medical College in 2015, Dr. Brovender held a leadership position at Lenox Hill Hospital and was a member of a private practice.