You are here
Dr. Barry Shaktman practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn’s 68th Street office. He specializes in gynecology and gynecologic surgery.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Advanced Operative Hysteroscopy
- Ambulatory Gynecology
- Gynecological Surgery
- Anticardiolipin Syndrome
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Pelvic Pain In Female
- Induced Hypothermia
- Female Infertility
- Female Reproductive Issues
- Exposure to Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 1991
Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Dr. Barry Shaktman maintains a busy gynecology practice. He offers a wide range of consultation and treatment options from routine gynecologic examinations to advanced diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic problems. His interests include minimally invasive procedures, laparoscopic surgeries, menopause, bleeding disorders, treatment for uterine fibroids, and pelvic pain.
Dr. Shaktman appreciates the outstanding work environment he finds at Weill Cornell Medical College. In his words: “the facilities and resources are world class; the staff is highly accomplished, incredibly supportive and caring; the patient population reflects a cosmopolitan diversity that means the work is always very interesting.”
In addition to his clinical responsibilities, Dr. Shaktman is the Director of the Ob/Gyn Resident Training Program. In this important leadership role, he oversees many difficult but gratifying responsibilities, including the annual selection of six candidates from more than 600 highly accomplished applicants. He mentors future physicians who learn to embrace and contribute to the Weill Cornell standard of excellent compassionate care.
“Our patients are the best advertisements for our hospital. Our residents are the best advertisements for our academic program. Most could choose any hospital in the world—and they choose us.”
Dr. Shaktman received his M.D. from the State University of New York Buffalo School of Medicine. His post-doctoral training included an internship and residency at the Medical College of Pennsylvania, and a Galloway Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He accepted a faculty appointment at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2000.