Specialties and Expertise
- Female Urology
- General Urology
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Prolapse
- BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Laser Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Urology
- Cancer of Prostate
- Robotic Surgery
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction
- Laser Urology
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Voiding Disorders
Urology is a complex field with many subtle nuances that affect a patient’s life. A successful urologist must be able to adapt to a patient’s needs and offer the right care for each patient. The challenges and the personal nature of urology is what drove me to choose this specialty. As a member of the Weill Cornell Medical College, I look forward to providing the best of care for the community that I serve.
For more information on Dr. Chughtai, please CLICK HERE.
Video Visits / Telemedicine Appointments
At Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Urology, The Iris Cantor Men's Health Center, our top priority remains the care of our patients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are emphasizing the use of Video Visits to provide a safe, effective, secure, and convenient way to provide care. Video Visits allows us to continue to fulfill our mission to provide best-in-class care for all of our patients.
New and existing patients will have direct access to Dr. Chughtai through a smartphone (preferred) or computer. Our patients will receive instructions to a unique, secure, and private link to access the Video Visit session once the appointment is scheduled.
Nearly all of our visits are being performed via Video Visit at this time. During the Video Visit with Dr. Chughtai, he will determine if an in-person office visit is needed.
Please call our office at (646) 962-4811 to schedule a private Video Visit today.
Click on the links below for more information and instructions on how to inititate your Video Visit.
Bilal Chughtai, MD is an Associate Professor of Urology and an Associate Professor of Urology in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Weill Cornell Medicine. He is also an Associate Attending Urologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Chughtai specializes in Voiding Dysfunction, Female Urology, and Neurourology.
Dr. Chughtai treats the body as a cohesive system with a focus on urological care. He believes it is just as important to address immediate symptoms as it is to examine the underlying causes of the urological complaint. Dr. Chughtai engages his patients in a manner that improves their present urological conditions and actively involves them in their future wellbeing. The effectiveness of his medical and surgical treatment relies heavily on strong doctor/patient relationships, and on the patient's resolve to make healthy changes. As Dr. Chughtai's patient, you are promised a passionate and supportive partnership to understand your urological condition.
Prior to his arrival at Weill Cornell/NewYork-Presbyterian, Dr. Chughtai completed his Residency in General Surgery and Urology at Albany Medical Center, followed by a Fellowship in Female Urology, Neurourology, and Voiding Dysfunction at Weill Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He earned his Doctor of Medicine at State University of New York at Stony Brook after graduating Magna cum Laude from New York University with a major in Biological Sciences.
Dr. Chughtai is also an active researcher. He has served as primary & co-investigator in numerous studies. He has published over 160 peer-reviewed articles, authored chapters and books, and has presented at numerous prestigious national meetings.
Dr. Chughtai maintains a successful urological practice in both men and women. If you are interested in a consultation with Dr. Chughtai, please call to set up an appointment at (646) 962-4811.
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 2005
- B.A., New York University, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare