You are here
Basma Faris, M.D.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2009
- M.S., Brooklyn College, City University of New York, 2000
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1997
Dr. Basma Faris is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist. Dr. Faris attended the University of California at Berkeley where she received a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Sciences. She went on to complete a Masters of Science in Nutrition at Brooklyn College. She received her medical degree from the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences of the University at Buffalo in 2009. She completed her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Dr. Faris began her career in healthcare as a Registered Dietitian. She worked with adults and children to manage chronic health conditions and obesity. She developed curricula for group nutrition interventions for children, pregnant women and adults. As a resident she published a study on the impact of lifestyle intervention on pregnancy outcomes in obese pregnant women. She is currently completing coursework towards a certificate in Culinary Medicine.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine in 2018, she was as an Attending at Lutheran Medical Center and Lutheran Family Health Centers, now NYU Langone Brooklyn. There she served as the medical student Clerkship Director, as well as Associate Residency Program Director and she led the peer review committee for the department.
Dr. Faris practices General Obstetrics and Gynecology and cares for women in all life stages. She cares for normal and high-risk pregnancies, benign gynecological conditions, contraception and family planning and minor gynecologic surgery including laparoscopy. She is proficient in Spanish and Arabic. She is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.