Adam Steinlauf, M.D.
1315 York Avenue, Mezzanine
New York, NY 10021
P: 212-746-5077 | F: 212-746-8144
1305 York Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10021
P: 212-746-5077 | F: (646) 962-0110
I am delighted to be joining the Jill Roberts Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I manage patients with all types of gastrointestinal disorders, but I specialize in the study, diagnosis and treatment of patients who suffer from the inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease. Since IBD is a chronic disorder, I establish long-term relationships with my patients, and I find this to be incredibly rewarding.
- Internal Medicine
- Crohn Disease
- Colitis, Ulcerative
- Bowel Disease, Inflammatory
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro (Effective 1/1/2016)]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Core]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- B.A., Brandeis University, 1987
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1991
Honors and Awards
- 2013: New York Super Doctors, “Gastroenterology”, by New York Times Magazine, nominated and reviewed by peers
- 2013: America’s Top Physicians, by Consumers’ Research Council of America
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Steinlauf attended Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts from 1983 to 1987. He attended Medical School at Downstate Medical School from 1987 to 1991. He served his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center from 1991 to 1994. After working for a year as an Assistant Clincal Professor of Medicine at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, he became a fellow in Gastroenterology at Yale-New Haven Medical Center from 1995 to 1998. Dr. Steinlauf worked for two years in a multispecialty medical practice in New Jersey after wh ich he joined the practice of Present, Chapman, Marion & Steinlauf at Mount Sinai Medical Center. This practice specializes in the study, diagnosis and treatment of patients who suffer with IBD. He remained there from January of 2001 until July 2013 at which time he joins the Weill Cornell community as Director, Strategic Planning and Growth, Jill Roberts IBD Center.
Dr. Steinlauf has been involved in many clinical trials for IBD during his years at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, and will continue to participate in clinical trials here at Weill Cornell Medical Center. He lectures widely on issues relating to IBD and is extensively published. He has earned many honors such as inclusion in: America's Top Physicians by the Consumers' Research Counsil of America (2007 to present), The Best Doctors in America by Best Doctors, Inc. (2009 to present), and New York Super Doctors by Key Professional Media, Inc. (2008 to present).
Dr. Steinlauf sees patients as part of the Jill Roberts Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease at 1305 York Avenue, 4th floor.