Alon Seifan, M.D., MS
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Alzheimer's Disease
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- B.A., University of Florida, 1999
- M.S., University of Florida, 2000
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2008
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Assistant Attending Neurologist
Alon Seifan, MD, MS is an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Neurologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell. Dr. Seifan practices within the Memory Disorders Program. He diagnoses and treats a wide variety of neurodegenerative conditions including Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia with Lewy Bodies, and Frontotemporal Dementia, as well as other conditions that cause memory or thinking changes, such as concussion. Alon’s research involves identifying the early life factors that determine why some people get atypical forms of Alzheimer’s Disease, such as Primary Progressive Aphasia or Posterior Cortical Atrophy, which prominently affect language or vision. This research may provide clues as to why Alzheimer’s Disease begins in the first place and may lead to preventative interventions to be delivered at critical stages of the lifespan.
Dr. Seifan received his medical degree from Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Neurology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and went on to complete a fellowship in Behavioral Neurology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Seifan is board certified in Neurology, board eligible in Behavioral Neurology and is a member of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN). He is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease and has authored several professional, peer-reviewed articles. Alon directs a Community-based Outreach Program which uses accurate measurement of culturally-specific health beliefs to provide hypothesis-driven educational interventions intended to reduce clinical and research disparities related to dementia.
Dr. Seifan welcomes patients and their families / caregivers at the following location:
428 East 72nd Street, Suite 500
New York, NY 10021