Locations and Appointments
- Psychiatric Aspects of Physical Illness
- Psychotherapy and Psychopharmacology
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorder
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Women's Mental Health
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 2010
- B.A., B.S., University of Maryland, 2000
Anna Salajegheh, MD is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine as well as an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital. She works with the Liver Transplant Service evaluating and treating patients for liver transplants, treats patients in the outpatient department, supervises residents in training and teaches psychiatry to medical students. In her faculty practice, Dr. Salajegheh is available for diagnostic consultations, psychotherapy, and medication management, with flexible Monday through Saturday office hours.
Dr. Anna Salajegheh began her training in both literature and the basic neurosciences, earning a B.S. in Neuroscience and Biology and B.A. in English literature, specializing in poetry, at the University of Maryland. She subsequently worked as a full-time research assistant in linguistics and neuroscience at the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language Laboratory at the University of Maryland. She went on to receive her medical degree at the State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, where she graduated AOA as well as with Distinction in Neuroscience and was recognized with the Detre Award in Psychiatry.
Dr. Salajegheh completed her internship and residency training at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. There she pursued additional psychotherapy training in multiple modalities including interpersonal psychotherapy, transference focused psychotherapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and group psychotherapy. Dr. Salajegheh served as Chief Resident in her final year of residency and received the Consultation Psychiatry Department Award as well as an APA Resident Recognition Award. Following residency, Dr. Salajegheh completed fellowship training in Psychosomatic Medicine at NYU Medical Center where she gained experience treating psychiatric illness in medically ill patients in inpatient and outpatient settings at the VA, Bellevue, and NYU Langone Medical Centers.
Dr. Salajegheh believes in a holistic approach to treating psychiatric illness, involving collaboration with other health care providers and family when appropriate. She has a special interest in complementary treatments as well as more traditional psychotherapy and medication.
For an appointment with Dr. Salajegheh, please call (212) 746-3751.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- Psychiatry chief resident at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell
- Columbia Psychoanalytic fellowship
- APA Resident Recognition Award
- CL Psychiatry Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Thomas Detre Psychiatry Award, University of Pittsburgh 2009
- Alumni Summer Research Fellowship, 2007
- Recipient of 4-year Banneker Key full academic scholarship.
- Recipient of 1-year study abroad scholarship at the University of Sheffield, England
- Recipient of the Robert C. Byrd academic scholarship