Angela Roberts Selzer, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Thoracic Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 2009
- B.A., Oberlin College, 1998
Honors and Awards
Award for Teaching Excellence, Anesthesia, Circulation and Ventilation, WCMC 2014
Ronald A. Leff Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching by a Resident, WCMC, Department of Anesthesiology, 2013
Resident Research Award, WCMC, Department of Anesthesiology, 2013
Doctor of Medicine with Honors in Research, WCMC, 2009
David Clayson Prize for Creativity in Medicine, WCMC, 2007
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Angela Roberts Selzer, MD is an Anesthesiologist with a focus in research and education. Originally from Denver, Colorado, she attended Oberlin College, graduating in 1998 with High Honors in Studio Art. She then moved to New York City, where she worked as chess instructor. Deciding to pursue a career in medicine, in 2003 she completed the post-baccalaureate pre-medical program at the City College of New York, during which time she conducted research in the Department of Neuroscience. She earned her MD with Honors in Research at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2009 and then completed her residency training at NewYork Presbyterian/Weill Cornell in 2013. Dr. Selzer joined the Department of Anesthesiology faculty in August 2013. Her areas of specialty include: anesthesiology for thoracic surgeries, regional anesthesia and acute pain management.
Dr. Selzer is a committed teacher and researcher. Upon completion of her residency in the WCMC Department of Anesthesiology, she received the Award for Resident Teaching and the Award for Research. She completed a clinical study at NYP/WCMC examining the role of dexamethasone in nausea prophylaxis in the obstetric population, and she has several research presentations to her credit. Outside of work, she keeps busy with her family. Angela's husband is a financial analyst and she has four children.