Locations and Appointments
- Complex Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiac Transplant
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics (Interim) - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Carol Davilla Medical School (Romania), 1989
With my background in pediatric critical care, I appreciate the value in building a strong multidisciplinary team that has at its center the patient and his/her family. This team includes not only a patient's core group of physicians and nurses, but also sub-specialists across disciplines and ancillary staff. Providing valuable care by ensuring best outcome for every single patient constitutes the core of my medical practice.
Dr. Arabela Stock is the Director of the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine. She is also an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
Her clinical expertise includes postoperative care of patients with complex congenital heart disease, age neonates to adults, postoperative management of cardiac transplantation, and mechanical circulatory support.
Dr. Stock received her medical degree from the Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila, Faculty of General Medicine, Bucharest, Romania. She completed her residency in Pediatrics at the New York Hospital Flushing Medical Center, where she also served as Chief Resident. She continued her training with a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore in the Bronx, New York, with additional training in the Pediatric Cardiac ICU at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Prior to arriving at Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Stock served as the Medical Director of the Pediatric Critical Care, Medical Director of the Cardiac ICU, as well as the Director of the ECMO program at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida, and as Chief of Pediatric Critical Care at Rush University Medical Center.
Her research interests include predictors of outcomes in a variety of acute medical and surgical conditions utilizing monitor data in creating predicting algorithms. Additional clinical interests are in diagnostic errors, blood management strategies geared to decrease blood transfusions and blood product utilization, improving delivery of care following cardiac surgery with result decreased length of stay and minimal in hospital complications.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
December 2016, Certificate of Excellence, Oral Abstract Presentation, The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society, 12th Annual International Meeting
2002, Award of Recognition, Montefiore Heart Center
2000, Outstanding House Officer Award, Montefiore Staff and Alumni Association