You are here
Why I went into medicine?
As an ER nurse I worked with many patients in acute distress. While this was gratifying, I often wished I had the opportunity to help manage chronic health problems earlier. As a nurse practitioner, I enjoy working in internal medicine because I have more time to get to know and work with patients to promote their health.
My philosophy approach to medicine?
I enjoy the diversity of my patients that come from all walks of life. I take time to listen to patients and I love to answer questions. I want patients to understand their care and how to maximize their lives. I like finding solutions for my patients that are simple, practical and cost-effective.
- Internal Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.S.N., The Johns Hopkins University, 2011
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1995
- B.S.N., The Johns Hopkins University, 2008
- M.P.H., The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2011
Honors and Awards
Johns Hopkins Daniels Scholar for Inter-professional Medical & Nursing Education, 2011
Inducted Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, 2009
Helene Fuld Fellowship Award for Nursing Students Committed to Improving Care of Vulnerable Populations, 2008
Johns Hopkins Betty Cuthbert Award for Leadership and Service in Nursing, 2008
Staff Associate in Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Anthony Pho is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley. He completed a Bachelor and Master of Science in Nursing at the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing and a Master of Public Health at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health. He has worked as an ER nurse, taught as a clinical instructor, and was a research assistant for the CAPABLE trial, an NIH-funded home-based intervention for decreasing disability in low-income older adults.
Mr. Pho holds a personal interest in global health. He has been to Haiti four times including a post-earthquake deployment to the USNS Comfort hospital ship. Most recently Mr. Pho worked as a consultant in Tanzania for the Abbott Fund, where he developed a nursing training curriculum for the country’s first emergency medicine residency program.
At Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates (WCIMA), Mr. Pho is a nurse practitioner for the Green practice. He also contributes to the internal medicine residency curriculum, teaching seminars on health disparities, including the care of Lesbian Gay Bisexual & Transgendered (LGBT) individuals.