Working and caring for children is my passion. Weill Cornell Medicine provides a stimulating and collegial environment where I can continually strive to follow that passion and provide the best care for children. I also have an interest in finding innovative ways to improve care utilizing my background in both engineering and medicine.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Anthony S. L. Yuen, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine and Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital and Komansky Children’s Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
After earning a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical and Space at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, Dr Yuen attended the University of Queensland Medical School and graduated in 2012. He completed a year of general internship at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane and completed his general pediatrics residency training at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr Yuen is also the Director of the Simulation-based Discharge Program at the NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children’s Hospital. This is an innovative program to help the family and caregivers of children with medical devices to prepare for discharge using medical simulation.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Queensland Faculty of Health Sciences (Australia), 2012
- B.E., University of Queensland (Australia), 2008
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.