Specialties and Expertise
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) Syndrome
- Colon Polypectomy
- Colon Polyps
- Colonic Neoplasm
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Surveillance For Colorectal Cancer
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Gastrointestinal Disorders In Oncology
- Lynch Syndrome
- Juvenile Polyposis Syndrome
- MYH-Associated Polyposis (MAP)
- Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome
- Familial Multiple Polyposis Syndrome
“I am excited to have a career focused on disease prevention through enhanced screening, surveillance, and risk stratification of pre-malignant GI conditions and GI cancers.
I look forward to providing compassionate, personalized, and evidence based medical care for all of our patients through a collaborative effort at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Specifically, I am interested in helping patients who want to learn more about their GI cancer risk, in addition to managing patients that are known to have a genetic predisposition for GI cancer, or who have a history of being diagnosed with cancer. Ultimately, I hope that through my research and clinical interests, we can identify factors to help all patients mitigate their cancer risks."
Dr. AnnMarie Kieber-Emmons is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and Attending Physician at New York Presbyterian Hospital.Her focus is on hereditary cancer syndromes and the multidisciplinary treatment of patients with a high cancer risk or with a personal history of gastrointestinal cancer.
Dr. Kieber-Emmons attended medical school at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences where she performed research on breast cancer and received the Weber Research Award at graduation. She then moved to Cleveland Ohio to complete internship and internal medicine training at CaseWestern Reserve University / Metrohealth Medical Center. After residency, Dr. Kieber-Emmons completed 2 years of laboratory research training at Case Western Reserve University, in a world-renowned cancer genetics laboratory that was funded by highly competitive, specialized Gastrointestinal Cancer and Barrett’s Esophagus grants. During this time she focused her studies on mechanisms of cancer development and early detection strategies.
Dr. Kieber-Emmons received her gastroenterology fellowship training through Case Western Reserve University / University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. Dr. Kieber-Emmons is a professional member of the Collaborative Group of the Americas on Inherited Colorectal Cancer, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
2018 Endoscopic Audio Visual award winner, national, ASGE
2012 The Weber Research Award, UAMS
2011 Internal Medicine Department Research Poster Competition, First Place Award, UAMS
2005 Dupont Chemistry Scholarship, Chemistry Department, U. of Ark.
2004 The American Chemical Society Achievement Award, U. of Ark.
- Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Arkansas College of Medicine, 2012
- M.S., University of Central Arkansas, 2012
- B.S., University of Arkansas, 2007
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY