Locations and Appointments
- Movement Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 2013
- B.A., Brown University, 2008
I became a physician for its unique blend of science, anatomy, problem solving, and most importantly the opportunity to help people. In particular, neurology has always been the most fascinating and exciting aspect of medicine to me, with constant neuroscience research and therapies in development. As a neurologist, I specialize in the diagnosis and management of Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders. I understand the challenges of living with a movement disorder, and I work with patients, families, and caregivers to deliver compassionate and individualized care to maintain and improve quality of life. At Weill Cornell Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Institute, I offer patients the chance to participate in clinical research with the ultimate goal of better understanding disease processes and developing new therapies. In addition, I am experienced in administering botulinum toxin injections for the treatment of movement disorders such as hemifacial spasm, blepharospasm, cervical dystonia, limb dystonia, and spasticity.
Dr. Andrea Lee is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology and Assistant Attending Neurologist at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College, specializing in Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders.
Dr. Lee earned her B.A. from Brown University with a concentration in biology and anthropology, and her M.D. from SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn. She completed her neurology residency training at NYU School of Medicine where she served as chief resident during her final year. She continued on at NYU Langone’s Fresco Institute for Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders as the Lily Safra Movement Disorders Fellow under the mentorship of Drs. Steven Frucht and Andrew Feigin. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and Movement Disorders Society. She has published a number of articles in peer-reviewed journals and has presented her work at national and international conferences.
Dr. Lee offers compassionate and personalized care in Movement Disorders including Parkinson’s Disease and parkinsonism, essential tremor, dystonia, cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, tics and Tourette’s syndrome, ataxia, gait disorder, chorea, restless leg syndrome, myoclonus. She is an experienced injector of botulinum toxin for cervical dystonia, hemifacial spasm, blepharospasm, craniofacial and limb dystonia, and limb spasticity. In addition, she has experience in DBS (deep brain stimulation) programming for Parkinson’s Disease, essential tremor, and dystonia.
At Weill Cornell Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Institute, Dr. Lee participates in clinical trials to find better ways to prevent, screen for, diagnose, and treat Parkinson’s and related diseases, with the hope of improving mobility and quality of life for her patients.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans