Specialties and Expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Newborn Medicine
- Obesity and Weight Control
- Musculoskeletal Pain
My career is dedicated to supporting my patients physically, mentally, and emotionally as they progress through various stages of life - from their newborn days to adulthood. I have a particular interest in treating childhood obesity through the development of healthy family habits and fostering loving mind/body relationships.
I also enjoy treating patients of all ages and activity levels with musculoskeletal pain or sports-related injuries. My goal is to work together with my patients to help them return to the activities they love as soon as possible.
Dr. Skaria is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics in Primary Care and Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is a dual board-certified physician in Pediatrics and Sports Medicine. She has particular interests in adolescent medicine, childhood obesity, dance medicine, and pediatric sports medicine.
Dr. Skaria is originally from South Texas. She received her B.A. from Harvard University and her M.D. from the University of Texas Health Science Center. She moved to New York City in 2015 for her residency training at New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell Medical Center in Pediatrics. She then completed a fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center, during which she treated musculoskeletal injuries and sports-related illnesses in both adults and children. She is trained in modern sports medicine therapies including ultrasound-guided injections, platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) injections, and shockwave therapy.
During her fellowship, she served as the team physician for NYU Hockey, Yeshiva University Athletics, and the East Harlem Pride football team. She worked closely with dancers from various performing arts institutes in New York City. She also provided medical care for collegiate athletes at LIU Brooklyn and NYU, and she covered mass participation events including the New York City marathon. She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
- Sports Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, 2015
- B.A., Harvard University, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass