You are here
New York, NY 10279
I consider it an honor to care for women and their families during such an important time in their lives. By combining evidence-based practices and the art that is midwifery, I provide women and their families the knowledge and guidance needed to ensure informed decisions about their care. My ultimate goal is always to empower women by truly listening to them and advocating for the individualized care they deserve.
Specialties & Expertise
- Certified Nurse Midwife
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
Clinical & Academic Positions
Staff Associate in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.S., Columbia University, 2009
- B.S.N., Columbia University, 2008
- B.S., Boston University, 2007
Amanda Weingarten, CNM has always been interested in health sciences, although as a child she thought she would be a veterinarian. In college she studied psychology and earned her Bachelor of Science degree at Boston University in 2007. While studying nursing at Columbia University her interest in women’s health and fertility issues led her to midwifery. She was awarded her Master’s of Science in Nursing in 2009. She has been a board certified midwife since 2009.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine in 2015, Amanda Weingarten practiced midwifery at Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital, and Wyckoff Heights Medical Center.