You are here
Dr. Alka Gupta is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine, and is Co-founder and Co-director of The Integrative Health and Wellbeing Program at NewYork-Presbyterian. She has spent the last several years examining national and global advances in integrative health care, and successfully launching and developing this new program. Her interest in integrative and internal medicine began at a young age and is rooted in the concept of food as medicine. She believes that prevention and a healthy lifestyle should be at the forefront of health care, and she works to bring these principles into practice.
Dr. Gupta is an integrative medicine physician and a consultation with her does not replace a primary care visit.
Specialties & Expertise
- Internal Medicine Hospitalist
- Integrative Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 2010
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2006
Dr. Gupta completed her undergraduate degree in Neuroscience at Johns Hopkins University, graduating with Honors. She then attended the Medical College of Virginia, and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Maryland. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and in Integrative Medicine, and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine.
Dr. Gupta serves as a Steering Committee member for the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine and Health. The goals of the Consortium include: supporting academic leaders in integrative medicine, disseminating research outcomes and educational resources, informing health care policy and practice, and leading the effort to transform America’s health care system to one that promotes an integrative and comprehensive approach.
Dr. Gupta teaches medical students, medical residents, and faculty. She is a peer reviewer for the medical journal Global Advances in Health and Medicine. Dr. Gupta is frequently an invited lecturer, and recent speaking engagements have included seminars at national and international medical institutions, community events, and various corporations in New York City.