Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Dr. Amanda Ficacelli is a Board Certified general pediatrician and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She provides comprehensive medical care for infants, children and adolescents. Dr. Ficacelli has a passion for patient health education. She enjoys developing long-term relationships with her patients and their families to help them make informed decisions about their care. Pairing a caring bedside manner with a friendly smile, Dr. Ficacelli treats each patient with compassion and cheerfulness to create a positive experience towards the ultimate goal of promoting healthy living and preventing disease.
Dr. Ficacelli completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Connecticut, graduating Magna Cum Laude. She received her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA, where she was also recognized as a Humanities Scholar. Her pediatric residency was at Children's Memorial Hospital of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, IL. During her years in private practice in Chicago, she also volunteered as a supervising attending in resident continuity clinic at the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (formerly Children's Memorial Hospital). Dr. Ficacelli has been practicing pediatrics in the New York City area since 2012, before joining the Weill Cornell Medicine Primary Care practice at Brooklyn Heights office in 2017.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Humanities Scholar, Drexel University College of Medicine
Magna Cum Laude, University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Scholar, University of Connecticut
Honors Scholar, University of Connecticut
Dean’s Honor List, University of Connecticut
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Drexel University College of Medicine, 2007
- B.S., University of Connecticut, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass