Locations and Appointments
- Medical Oncology
- Hematologic Malignancy
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Bone Marrow Disorder
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Bone Marrow Stem Cell Transplants
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.P.H., Harvard University, 2001
- M.D., Brown University School of Medicine, 2001
- B.A., Brown University, 1996
As a third generation physician, I am following in my family’s footsteps to provide compassionate and comprehensive care for patients with cancer, particularly those with aggressive blood cancers that require bone marrow and stem cell transplantation. I work together with a multidisciplinary team to bring the most state-of-the-art, lifesaving transplant options to people with blood disorders and cancers, including leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. While providing my patients with the best possible results is my top priority, I also feel that it is critical to build a trusting relationship with each of my patients. I view all my patients as individuals and I am there for them every step of the way throughout the entire cancer treatment and transplant process.
My practice is also culturally sensitive. I speak Spanish fluently and strongly believe in improving the health outcomes of underserved populations here in New York City and around the world. I specialize in treating a rare, but very fast-growing and aggressive cancer caused by a virus called the human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 or HTLV-1. This cancer, HTLV-Related Adult T-Cell Leukemia Lymphoma (ATLL), disproportionally impacts Latino and Caribbean Americans, including immigrants and people whose families have come to the United States from Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and Haiti. I have a long-track record of successful research efforts in this area and the most expertise in the greater New York City area in treating patients with HTLV-Related Adult T-Cell Leukemia Lymphoma.
I am passionate about bringing the newest, most promising treatments to my patients often years before they might otherwise become available. Our haplo-cord transplant program greatly improves the odds that we are able to find donors for all, regardless of age or ethnic background. With this transplant program, we can find an available donor for almost anyone, even those without a sibling or donor registry match.
Adrienne A. Phillips, M.D., M.P.H. is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Physician at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Phillips cares for patients with all types of hematologic malignancies (blood cancers) with a special interest in treating lymphoma patients requiring stem cell transplantation, and reducing cancer disparities by improving outcomes among underserved and minority populations, especially among Latino and Caribbean-Americans.
Dr. Phillips received her undergraduate B.A. and medical degree with honors from Brown University. She received her M.P.H. from Harvard University. She then received her internal medicine training at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, where she also completed her fellowship in Hematology and Oncology. At Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City, Dr. Phillips specializes in treating patients with HTLV-Related Adult T-Cell Leukemia Lymphoma (ATLL) through stem cell transplantation. She is also involved in clinical and translational research specifically dedicated to finding cures for ATLL, and has developed the largest database of patients with ATLL in New York. Dr. Phillips serves as principal investigator of several clinical trials that explore novel therapies for this disease. Her research has been presented nationally and internationally. She has co-authored numerous publications in journals such as Cancer, Journal of Blood Medicine, and Leukemia and Lymphoma. She has also served as an oncology consultant in Africa, the Caribbean and Latin America in order to share cancer treatment best practices, train physicians, and provide updates and recommendations based on recent advances in the field.
In recognition of her achievements, Dr. Phillips is the recipient of the American Society of Hematology's prestigious Harold Amos Medical Faculty Career Development Award, The Network Journal's "40 Under 40" Achievement Award, and she has appeared on The Dr. Oz Show. She is also a journal reviewer for Leukemia and Lymphoma.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans