Tracy-Ann Moo, M.D.
Tracy-Ann Moo, MD is an Assistant Professor of Surgery and Assistant Program Director of Surgical Education at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is an Assistant Attending Surgeon at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. An experienced board-certified surgeon, Dr. Moo specializes in the most advanced, minimally-invasive treatment of breast cancer and melanoma.
Dr. Moo graduated Magna Cum Laude from Binghamton University, and completed her medical degree at Stony Brook University School of Medicine, where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. She completed her general surgery residency at NewYork- Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and a breast surgical oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. After her fellowship training, she spent time at the Melanoma Institute in Sydney, Australia and Emory University Hospital, becoming skilled at the latest videoscopic techniques in melanoma surgery.
Dr. Moo is interested in breast cancer and melanoma translational and clinical outcomes research. She has authored and coauthored many articles, including several in leading publications such as the Annals of Surgery and the Annals of Surgical Oncology. In 2007, she received the prestigious NIH T32 Training Award in support of her research. In 2013, she was also awarded the American Association of Breast Surgeons scientific presentation award for her research in the area of post-mastectomy radiation for breast cancer. She is an active member of the American College of Surgeons.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Moo TA, El-Tamer M. Use of postmastectomy radiation therapy in the treatment of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Mange. 2012 1(3), 177-180.
- Moo TA, Fahey TJ, 3rd. Lymph node dissection in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Semin Nucl Med 2011;41(2): 84-88.
- Moo TA, McGill J, Allendorf J, Lee J, Fahey T, 3rd, Zarnegar R. Impact of prophylactic central neck lymph node dissection on early recurrence in papillary thyroid carcinoma. World J Surg 2010;34(6): 1187-1191.
- Moo TA, Umunna B, Kato M, Butriago D, Kundel A, Lee JA, Zarnegar R, Fahey TJ, 3rd. Ipsilateral versus bilateral central neck lymph node dissection in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Ann Surg 2009;250(3): 403-408.
- Moo TA, Rubino F. Gastrointestinal surgery as treatment for type 2 diabetes. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 2008;15(2): 153-158.
- Moo TA, Zarnegar R, Duh QY. Prediction of successful outcome in patients with primary aldosteronism. Curr Treat Options Oncol 2007;8(4): 314-321.
- McGill JF, Moo TA, Kato M, Hoda R, Allendorf JD, Inabnet WB, Fahey TJ, 3rd, Brunaud L, Zarnegar R, Lee JA. World wide what? The quality of information on parathyroid disease available on the Internet. Surgery 2009;146(6): 1123-1129.
- Arora N, Scognamiglio T, Lubitz CC, Moo TA, Kato MA, Zhu B, Zarnegar R, Chen YT, Fahey TJ, 3rd. Identification of borderline thyroid tumors by gene expression array analysis. Cancer 2009;115(23): 5421-5431.
- Arora N, Turbendian HK, Kato MA, Moo TA, Zarnegar R, Fahey TJ, 3rd. Papillary thyroid carcinoma and microcarcinoma: is there a need to distinguish the two? Thyroid 2009;19(5): 473-477.
- Kato MA, Buitrago D, Moo TA, Keutgen XM, Hoda RS, Ricci JA, Christos PJ, Yang G, Fahey TJ, 3rd, Zarnegar R. Predictive Value of Cytologic Atypia in Indeterminate Thyroid Fine-Needle Aspirate Biopsies. Ann Surg Oncol.
- Kato MA, Finley DJ, Lubitz CC, Zhu B, Moo TA, Loeven MR, Ricci JA, Zarnegar R, Katdare M, Fahey TJ, 3rd. Selenium decreases thyroid cancer cell growth by increasing expression of GADD153 and GADD34. Nutr Cancer;62(1): 66-73.
- Kundel A, Zarnegar R, Kato M, Moo TA, Zhu B, Scognamiglio T, Fahey TJ, 3rd. Comparison of microarray analysis of fine needle aspirates and tissue specimen in thyroid nodule diagnosis. Diagn Mol Pathol;19(1): 9-14.
- Rubino F, Moo TA, Rosen DJ, Dakin GF, Pomp A. Diabetes surgery: a new approach to an old disease. Diabetes Care 2009;32 Suppl 2: S368-372.
- Wagner PL, Moo TA, Arora N, Liu YF, Zarnegar R, Scognamiglio T, Fahey TJ, 3rd. The chemokine receptors CXCR4 and CCR7 are associated with tumor size and pathologic indicators of tumor aggressiveness in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol 2008;15(10): 2833-2841.
- Rich BS, Moo TA, Mark S, et al: Sympathetic paraganglioma in a patient with unrepaired tetralogy of Fallot: a case report and review of the literature. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:7-12, 2013
- Moo TA, Zarnegar R, Brunaud L. Pancreas: Embryology, anatomy and physiology. Endocrine Surgery. 1st ed, 2009. 459-470.
Honors and Awards
2000 Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
2001-2005 W. Burghardt Turner Fellowship
2004 Alpha Omega Alpha
2007 NIH T32 Endocrine training program fellow
2013 American Society of Breast Surgeons
-- Scientific Impact presentation award
- Melanoma Surgery
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Breast Cancer Surgery
- Oncoplastic Surgery of Breast
- Nipple Areola Sparing Mastectomy
- Sentinel Node Biopsy For Breast
Contact and Practices
- General Surgery
- B.S., State University of New York at Binghamton, 2000
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 2005