Stephen Yhu, M.D.
Dr. Yhu earned his B.S., cum laude, in Biology from Tufts University, Medford, Mass. in 2000. He was awarded his M.D. degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY in 2005.
Dr. Yhu did a transitional internship year at Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY before completing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2006-2010) at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY. He then received fellowship training in Neuroradiology at NYPH-Weill Cornell for a year (2010-2011) after which he joined the faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in July 2011.
Dr. Yhu is a member of the Emergency Radiology Division. His clinical expertise is in Neuroradiology and he interprets a variety of studies related to brain, spine, and tumor imaging. He also performs body imaging studies, including CT and ultrasound.
Dr. Yhu achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in June 2010.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Yhu is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Yhu is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
● American College of Radiology (ACR)
● Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
Contact and Practices
- Diagnostic Radiology
- B.S., Tufts University, 2000
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2005