Shane Wasden, M.D.
Dr. Shane Wasden practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn 68thStreet offices. He specializes in the care of high risk obstetrics.
Dr. Shane Wasden, board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a graduate of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship program at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital – Weill Cornell Medical College, has joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology as the Director of the Antepartum Testing Unit. Dr. Wasden is originally from Salt Lake City, Utah where he completed his undergraduate education at the University of Utah. He received his medical degree from The George Washington University, and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital – Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Wasden has special interests in pregnancies complicated by history of poor obstetric outcomes including pre-term delivery, maternal medical conditions (e.g. lupus, hypertensive disorders, organ transplant, diabetes), and fetal anomalies. Dr. Wasden also specializes in obstetric ultrasound and obstetric procedures including amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and cerclage placement.
Dr. Wasden is proud to be a part of the prestigious academic environment and delivery of high quality patient care at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital – Weill Cornell Medical College. He states that, “practicing evidenced-based medicine in a patient-based and compassionate manner is how I like to care for patients.” During his residency, he received the chief resident teaching award for his commitment to teaching and academics.
Dr. Wasden received his medical degree from The George Washington University. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical Center, where he also completed a fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Chorionic Villus Sampling
- Lupus In Pregnancy
- Preterm Delivery
- Prior Poor Obstetrical History, Antepartum
- Pregnancy With Poor Obstetric History
- Multiple Pregnancy
- Hypertension In Pregnancy
Contact and Practices
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- B.S., University of Utah, 2003
- M.D., George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 2007