Sima S. Toussi, M.D.
Sima Shelly Toussi, MD is Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Toussi received her medical degree at Dartmouth Medical School. She returned to New York to complete her residency training in pediatrics at Jacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She remained at Albert Einstein to complete a fellowship in Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore, where her research focused on HIV infection and pathogenesis.
Dr. Toussi is the Medical Director of the Pediatric Clinic for Special Studies which provides comprehensive medical care to HIV infected children and adolescents.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Toussi S, Pan N, Walters HM, Walsh T. Infections in Children and Adolescents with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease Treated with Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Inhibitors: a Systematic Review of the Literature. Clinical Infectious Diseases. Nov 2013. 57(9); 1318-30.
Navarra A, Toussi S, Cohn E, Neu N, Larson E. Measuring Media Use in College Students with and without HIV Infection. J Pediatric Health Care. October 2013. (epub ahead of print)
Pan N, Herzog R, Jenkins S, Nauseef W, Blanco J, Macdermott E, Kovanlikaya A, Salvatore CM, Toussi S. Candida albicans Osteomyelitis in an Infant: A Case Report and Literature Review. J Pediatric Ortho Part B. Sept 2013. 22(5): 491-497.
Navarra A, Neu N, Toussi S, Nelson J, Larson E. Health Literacy and Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy Among HIV-Infected Youth. J of Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. Feb 2013Patel M, Toussi S, Goldstein H. Chapter on Immunodeficiencies in Adolescents. Textbook of Adolescent Health Care. (To be published fall of 2010)
- Toussi S, Joseph A, Goldstein H. Short Communication: Methamphetamine Treatment Increases in Vitro and in Vivo HIV Replication. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2009; Nov 25 (11). 1117-1121.
- Talloczy Z, Martinez J, Toussi S, Goldstein H, Santambrogio L, et al. Methamphetamine Inhibits Antigen Processing, Presentation and Phagocytosis. PLoS Pathog. Feb 15, 2008.
- Toussi S, Abadi J, Rosenberg M, Levanon D. Prevalence of Hepatitis B and C Infection in Children Infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Clinical Infectious Diseases. September 15, 2007.
- Dadachova K, Patel M, Toussi S, Casadevall A, Goldstein H, et al. Targeting and Killing of HIV-infected Cells in vivo with Radiolabeled Antibody to gp41. PLoS Medicine. Nov 7, 2006.
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Opportunistic Infection
- Bone and Joint Infections
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
- M.D., Dartmouth Medical School, 2001