Sonia Yoon, M.D.
Dr. Sonia Yoon joined the division in August 2013 as a general gastroenterologist with a special interest in gastrointestinal motility. She will spend time in the Jay Monahan Center that houses a specialized lab equipped to offer advanced diagnostic testing including high resolution esophageal manometry with impedance, 24-hour pH analysis with impedance and wireless 48-hour pH analysis. Dr. Yoon received her medical degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo. She completed her internship and residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Yoon completed her fellowship at the University of Rochester-Strong Memorial Hospital. She recently completed an advanced fellowship in GI motility and functional GI disease at Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Yoon is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Internal Medicine
- B.E., Cooper Union, 1997
- M.E., Cooper Union, 1999
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2006