Scarlett McKinsey, M.D.
I chose the field of neonatology because of my love for basic physiology and because I find it a privilege to work with babies and families during what can be a time of a great deal of stress. In addition to providing the best possible clinical care to my newborn patients, it is my job to make a difficult experience a little bit easier on the family.
Dr. Scarlett McKinsey is Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in the Division of Newborn Medicine. She is instructor-certified in Neonatal Resuscitation.
After majoring in Human Development and completing a Bachelor of Science at Cornell University, she attended the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, where she completed her MD. Dr. McKinsey went on to complete her residency, chief residency and Neonatology Fellowship at Mount Sinai Hospital.
During her time at Mount Sinai, Dr. McKinsey was active in both education and research. Specifically during fellowship, Dr. McKinsey studied the developmental changes of sodium transporters and exchangers in the premature kidney.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Honors and Awards
- 2009, Resident Teaching Award, Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai Hospital
- 2005 – 2006, Honors in Pediatric Sub-Internship, Pediatric Critical Care, Pediatrics, Medicine, Anesthesiology, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- 2003, Patricia S. Levinson Summer Fellowship for Innovative Opportunities in Medical Education, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Premature Infant Care
- Newborn Medicine
- B.S., Cornell University, 2001
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2006