Sidney Gutstein, M.D.
Sidney Gutstein's, MD areas of special interest are Hypertension and Lipid Disorders.
Dr. Gutstein is a graduate of NYU School of Medicine; he interned and did his residency training in Internal Medicine at Bronx Municipal Hospital Center. Prior to completing his residency, he served in the Medical Corps of the U.S. Army in Germany for two years. After residency Dr. Gutstein completed a two year fellowship in Gastroenterology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx. After his training was completed he was appointed to a full-time position at Lincoln Hospital and then at Montefiore Hospital Medical Center, both in the Department of Medicine and both affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
In 1978 he opened an office as a solo practitioner in Mt. Kisco, New York. In 1995 he joined the Mt. Kisco Medical Group as a partner and remained with the group until 2005 at which time he accepted a full-time position at Payne Whitney Westchester, New York Presbyterian Hospital in the Department of Medicine, assigned to the division of Psychiatry. He is presently an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine. He was named as one of the best doctors in the New York area in 2000 by New York Magazine.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- Lipid Disorder
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1958