Nephrology and Hypertension
For our physician profiles along with medical practice descriptions, contact information, hours, staff, and directions please select one of our practice web sites:
We offer world-class clinical services to patients with complex kidney diseases and disorders of blood pressure and circulation. Our goal is to provide optimal and individualized care for patients with these problems.
Our nephrologists provide renal consultation, renal biopsy, and evaluation and management of hypertension and other kidney disorders.
Our Hypertension specialists believe that hypertension is not a single disease, and that it has different mechanisms in different individuals. Thus, each patient is treated based on his/her individual physical/hormonal/biochemical profile, with every attempt made to find curable or reversible forms of hypertension.
Specialized renal and hypertension services include:
- Kidney transplantation services for patients with End-stage Renal Disease, before and after the surgery.
- Acute and chronic hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, hemoperfusion, hemofiltration, management of drug overdose, apheresis, and evaluation of fluid, electrolyte, acid-base and mineral metabolism disorders.
- Extensive ambulatory dialysis facilities located in the Rogosin Institute. These include continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis, center-based chromic hemodialysis, and patient instruction in home hemodialysis.
- Biochemical and hormonal testing, electrocardiogram, 24 hour blood pressure monitoring, 24 hour ECG monitoring, stress testing, vascular testing, endocrine screening, non-drug therapy, home blood pressure instruction, nutrition counseling, opportunity to participate in trials of new blood pressure medications.
- Pediatric nephrologists who provide care and management for children with various kidney diseases including nephrotic syndrome, End Stage Renal Disease, urinary tract infections, enuresis/wetting disorders, and others. We also offer management of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis for children with End Stage Renal Disease as well as care and follow-up for children who require kidney transplantation.