Rajesh V. Swaminathan, M.D.
Dr. Swaminathan was born and raised in North Carolina where he received his undergraduate and medical degrees from Duke University. He then completed his internal medicine residency training at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. During residency, he devoted time to pursuing his research interests in mechanisms of vascular injury and remodeling. He then joined the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology in Cambridge, MA as a research affiliate to continue his research endeavors on stent design as it relates to vascular injury and mechanisms of stent thrombosis.
In 2008, Dr. Swaminathan came to NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell where he trained in both general and interventional cardiology. He has now joined the Weill Cornell Medical College as a full-time faculty member where he is excited and committed to practicing evidence-based patient care in both the outpatient cardiology clinic and the cardiac catheterization laboratory. In addition to performing percutaneous coronary angioplasty and stenting via radial and femoral routes, he also specializes in endovascular procedures for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
Dr. Swaminathan is a member of the American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association, and the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions. He has published numerous abstracts and papers related to interventional cardiology in peer-reviewed journals and have presented his research findings at national meetings.
In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball and tennis and spending time with his wife and two children.
Dr. Swaminathan is fluent in Tamil and is accepting new patients.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Coronary Interventions
- IVC Filter Placement
Contact and Practices
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- B.S., Duke University, 2000
- M.D., Duke University School of Medicine, 2004