Rachel Marcus, M.D.
Dr. Rachel L. Marcus earned her B.A. degree from the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA in 1999. She was awarded her M.D. degree from New York University School (NYU) School of Medicine, New York, NY in 2003.
Dr. Marcus was an intern (2003-2004) at New York University/Bellevue Hospital and Medical Center, New York, NY. She received her radiology residency training (2004-2008) in Diagnostic Radiology at Columbia University Medical College/NYPH, New York, NY.
Dr. Marcus then completed a Fellowship in Body and Women’s Imaging at Weill Cornell Medical College-NYPH from 2008-2009. She achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2008.
In July 2008, Dr. Marcus joined the full time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College as Assistant Professor of Radiology. She is also an Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. Dr. Marcus is a member of the Women’s Imaging Division and Weill Cornell Imaging at NYP (www.wcinyp.org), our multi-site outpatient imaging practice.
Her clinical interests are in women’s imaging, body imaging, and cross-sectional body imaging and ultrasound. Dr. Marcus performs mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, stereotactic breast biopsy; body CT, MRI and x-ray. In addition to clinical duties Dr. Marcus is very active and involved in teaching radiology residents and fellows.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Body BT
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast MRI
- Body Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Diagnostic Radiology
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1999
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2003