Rowland Chavez, M.D.
As a general internist, I am dedicated to partnering with patients to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care. My practice involves providing longitudinal care for a wide variety of acute, chronic and preventative health care needs.
Dr. Chavez, M.D. earned a B.A. in Anthropology with distinction at the University of Pennsylvania. He received his medical degree at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2011 where he was awarded the Dean’s Recognition Award for academic and clinical excellence. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in 2014. During residency, Dr. Chavez spent time teaching medical students and caring for patients in Mwanza, Tanzania. He is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and Attending at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Chavez is board certified in internal medicine.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- General Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2011