Palmer Q. Bessey, M.D.
Each day is a gift.
School: Public school, Montclair, NJ.
College: B.A., Williams College (Major: Chemistry, Theatre).
Graduate: M.A. University of Oregon (Chemistry).
Medical: M.D., University of Vermont.
Residency: University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB) (Surgery).
Fellowship: Harvard, Brigham & Women's Hospital (Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition).
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
More than 100 publications and book chapters in Trauma, burns, critical care, surgical metabolism, and nutrition.
Honors and Awards
Castle Connolly 2011-2014, "Best Doctors in America"
US News & World Report, 2011-2014, "America's Top Doctors"
Castle Connolly Best Doctors in America, 2010-2014
New York SuperDoctors, 2009-2014
Alpha Omega Alpha.
Gilbert W. Gabriel Award in Theatre.
NDEA Title IV Graduate Fellowship
- Surgery, General
- General Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Burn Surgery
- Wound Healing
Contact and Practices
- Surgical Critical Care
- M.A., University of Oregon, 1970
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1975