Carla Boutin, M.D.
1. Boutin-Foster C, Charlson ME. Problematic resident-patient relationships: the patient' s perspective. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2001;16(11):750-754
2. Charlson ME, Allegrante JP, McKinley PS, Peterson JC, Boutin-Foster C, Ogedegbe G, Young CR. Improving health behaviors and outcomes after angioplasty: using economic theory to inform intervention. Health Education Research. 2002;17(5):606-618
3. Boutin-Foster C, Ferrando S, Charlson ME. The Cornell Psychiatric Screen: a brief psychiatric scale for hospitalized medical patients. Psychosomatics. 2003;44(5):382-387
4. Boutin-Foster C, Gorga D, Padial C, Feretti A, Berenson D, Belue R, Kline R, Charlson ME. The development and validation of a screening instrument to identify hospitalized medical patients in need of early functional rehabilitation assessment. Quality of Life Research.
5. Boutin-Foster C, Euster S, Rolon Y, Motal Y, Charlson ME. The Social Work Admission Assessment Tool: A screen for identifying patients in need of comprehensive social work evaluation. Health and Social Work. 2005;30(2):117-125
6. Boutin-Foster C. Getting to the heart of social support: a qualitative analysis of the types of instrumental support that are most helpful in motivating cardiac risk factor modification.
Heart Lung. 2005;34(1):22-9.
7. Coday M, Boutin-Foster C, Goldman Sher T, Tennant J, Greaney, ML, Saunders S, Somes GW. Strategies for retaining study participants in behavioral intervention trials: Retention experiences of the NIH Behavior Change Consortium. Ann Behav Med. 2005;29:55-65
8. Boutin-Foster C. In Spite of Good Intentions: Patients' Perspectives on Problematic Social Support. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2005;3(52):1-7.
9. Boutin-Foster C, Alexander J. Development and Validation of the Tangible, Informational, and Emotional Social Support Survey (TIES). J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2006; 26(5):307-13
10. Boutin-Foster C, Ogedegbe G, Ravenell J, Robbins L, Charlson ME. Ascribing Meaning to Hypertension: A Qualitative Study Among African-Americans with Hypertension.
11. Boutin-Foster C, Charlson ME. Do Recent Life Events and Social Support Explain Gender Differences in Depressive Symptoms in Patients Who had Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty? Journal of Womens Health. 2007;16(1):131-140
12. Boutin-Foster C, Ogedegbe G, Peterson J, Briggs WM, Allegrante JP, Charlson ME. Psychosocial Mediators of the relationship between race/ethnicity and depressive symptoms in Latino and White Patients with Coronary Artery Disease. (in press Journal of National Medical Association)
13. Charlson ME, Boutin-Foster C, Mancuso C, Ogedegbe G, Peterson J, Briggs WM, Allegrante J, Robbins L, Isen A, Using positive affect and self affirmation to inform and to improve self management behaviors in cardiopulmonary patients: Design, rationale and methods. (in press Contemporary Clinical Trials)
14. Boutin-Foster C, Foster JC, Konopasek L. Physician know thyself: The Professional Culture of Medicine as a Framework for Teaching Cultural Competence. (in press Academic Medicine)
15. Boutin-Foster C, George K. Training Community Health Workers to be Advocates for Health Promotion in Cardiovascular Disease: A Method of the Greater Southern Brooklyn Health Coalition for Reducing Health Disparities. (in press Journal of Community Health)
16. Charlson ME, Peterson JC, Boutin-Foster C, Briggs WM, Ogedegbe G, McCulloch, CE, Hollenberg, J, Wong C, Allegrante J. Changing health behaviors after angioplasty: a randomized trial of net-present- value versus future-value risk communication to improve health outcomes. (in press Health Education Research)