Ashutosh K. Tewari, M.B.,B.S.
For a complete list of publications, please visit: www.nycrobotics.com/publications.asp
1. Tewari AK, Srivastava A, Mudaliar K, Tan GY, Grover S, El Douaihy Y, Peters D, Leung R, Yadav R, John M et al.: Anatomical retro-apical technique of synchronous (posterior and anterior) urethral transection: a novel approach for ameliorating apical margin positivity during robotic radical prostatectomy. BJU Int, 2010.
2. Tewari AK, Patel ND, Leung RA, Yadav R, Vaughan ED, El-Douaihy Y, Tu JJ, Amin MB, Akhtar M, Burns M et al.: Visual cues as a surrogate for tactile feedback during robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy: posterolateral margin rates in 1340 consecutive patients. BJU Int. 106: 528-36, 2010.
3. Grover S, Tan GY, Srivastava A, Leung RA and Tewari AK: Residency training program paradigms for teaching robotic surgical skills to urology residents. Curr Urol Rep. 11: 87-92, 2010.
4. Yadav R, Tu JJ, Jhaveri J, Leung RA, Rao S and Tewari AK: Prostate volume and the incidence of extraprostatic extension: is there a relation? J Endourol. 23: 383-6, 2009.
5. Yadav R, Tan G and Tewari A: Screening for cancer of the prostate: do we have an answer? Natl Med J India. 22: 184-7, 2009.
6. Yadav R, Mukherjee S, Hermen M, Tan G, Maxfield FR, Webb WW and Tewari AK: Multiphoton microscopy of prostate and periprostatic neural tissue: a promising imaging technique for improving nerve-sparing prostatectomy. J Endourol. 23: 861-7, 2009.
7. Tilki D, Schlenker B, John M, Buchner A, Stanislaus P, Gratzke C, Karl A, Tan GY, Ergun S, Tewari AK et al.: Clinical and pathologic predictors of Gleason sum upgrading in patients after radical prostatectomy: Results from a single institution series. Urol Oncol, 2009.
8. Tewari AK, Gold HT, Demers RY, Johnson CC, Yadav R, Wagner EH, Yood MU, Field TS, Divine G and Menon M: Effect of socioeconomic factors on long-term mortality in men with clinically localized prostate cancer. Urology. 73: 624-30, 2009.
9. Tewari A and Yadav R: Diary of a urologist as a trainee in USA. Indian J Urol. 25: 257-8, 2009.
10. Tan GY, Jhaveri JK and Tewari AK: Anatomic restoration technique: a biomechanics-based approach for early continence recovery after minimally invasive radical prostatectomy. Urology. 74: 492-6, 2009.
11. Tan GY, Goel RK, Kaouk JH and Tewari AK: Technological advances in robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery. Urol Clin North Am. 36: 237-49, ix, 2009.
12. Tan GY, El Douaihy Y, Te AE and Tewari AK: Scientific and technical advances in continence recovery following radical prostatectomy. Expert Rev Med Devices. 6: 431-53, 2009.
13. Rane A, Tan GY and Tewari AK: Laparo-endoscopic single-site surgery in urology: is robotics the missing link? BJU Int. 104: 1041-3, 2009.
14. Ramanathan R, Salamanca JI, Mandhani A, Leung RA, Rao SR, Berryhill R and Tewari A: Does 3-Dimensional (3-D) visualization improve the quality of assistance during robotic radical prostatectomy? World J Urol. 27: 95-9, 2009.
15. Pflueger D, Rickman DS, Sboner A, Perner S, LaFargue CJ, Svensson MA, Moss BJ, Kitabayashi N, Pan Y, de la Taille A et al.: N-myc downstream regulated gene 1 (NDRG1) is fused to ERG in prostate cancer. Neoplasia. 11: 804-11, 2009.
16. Herman MP, Dorsey P, John M, Patel N, Leung R and Tewari A: Techniques and predictive models to improve prostate cancer detection. Cancer. 115: 3085-99, 2009.
17. El Douaihy Y, Tan GY, Dorsey PJ, Jhaveri JK and Tewari AK: Double-pigtail stenting of the ureters: technique for securing the ureteral orifices during robot-assisted radical prostatectomy for large median lobes. J Endourol. 23: 1975-7, 2009.
18. Tewari AK, Jhaveri JK, Surasi K, Patel N and Tan GY: Benefit of robotic assistance in comparing outcomes of minimally invasive versus open radical prostatectomy. J Clin Oncol. 26: 4999-5000; author reply 5001-2, 2008.
19. Tewari A, Rao S, Martinez-Salamanca JI, Leung R, Ramanathan R, Mandhani A, Vaughan ED, Menon M, Horninger W, Tu J et al.: Cancer control and the preservation of neurovascular tissue: how to meet competing goals during robotic radical prostatectomy. BJU Int. 101: 1013-8, 2008.
20. Tewari A, Rao S and Mandhani A: Catheter-less robotic radical prostatectomy using a custom-made synchronous anastomotic splint and vesical urinary diversion device: report of the initial series and perioperative outcomes. BJU Int. 102: 1000-4, 2008.
21. Tewari A, Jhaveri J, Rao S, Yadav R, Bartsch G, Te A, Ioffe E, Pineda M, Mudaliar S, Nguyen L et al.: Total reconstruction of the vesico-urethral junction. BJU Int. 101: 871-7, 2008.
22. Tan GY and Tewari AK: Words of wisdom. Re: Cumulative association of five genetic variants with prostate cancer. Zheng SL, Sun J, Wiklund F, et al. Eur Urol. 54: 943-4, 2008.
23. Nguyen L, Jhaveri J and Tewari A: Surgical technique to overcome anatomical shortcoming: balancing post-prostatectomy continence outcomes of urethral sphincter lengths on preoperative magnetic resonance imaging. J Urol. 179: 1907-11, 2008.
24. Martinez-Salamanca JI, Rao S, Ramanathan R, Leung R, Mandhani A and Tewari A: The case for robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. J Endourol. 22: 2039-43; discussion 2049, 2008.
25. Martinez-Salamanca JI, Ramanathan R, Rao S, Mandhani A, Leung R, Horninger W, Takenaka A, Carballido J, Tu J, Vaughan D et al.: Second Prize: Pelvic neuroanatomy and innovative approaches to minimize nerve damage and maximize cancer control in patients undergoing robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. J Endourol. 22: 1137-46, 2008.
26. Martinez-Salamanca JI, Martinez Ballesteros C, Tewari A and Carballido JA: [Robotic surgery and laser technology: an opportunity for discovery]. Arch Esp Urol. 61: 1157-62, 2008.
27. Mandhani A, Dorsey PJ, Jr., Ramanathan R, Salamanca JI, Rao S, Leung R, Berryhill R, Jr. and Tewari AK: Real time monitoring of temperature changes in neurovascular bundles during robotic radical prostatectomy: thermal map for nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy. J Endourol. 22: 2313-7, 2008.
28. Lavery HJ, Thaly R, Albala D, Ahlering T, Shalhav A, Lee D, Fagin R, Wiklund P, Dasgupta P, Costello AJ et al.: Robotic equipment malfunction during robotic prostatectomy: a multi-institutional study. J Endourol. 22: 2165-8, 2008.
29. Jhaveri JK, Tan GY, Scherr DS and Tewari AK: Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy in the renal allograft transplant recipient. J Endourol. 22: 2475-9, 2008.
30. Berryhill R, Jr., Jhaveri J, Yadav R, Leung R, Rao S, El-Hakim A and Tewari A: Robotic prostatectomy: a review of outcomes compared with laparoscopic and open approaches. Urology. 72: 15-23, 2008.
31. Tewari AK, Bigelow K, Rao S, Takenaka A, El-Tabi N, Te A and Vaughan ED: Anatomic restoration technique of continence mechanism and preservation of puboprostatic collar: a novel modification to achieve early urinary continence in men undergoing robotic prostatectomy. Urology. 69: 726-31, 2007.
32. Tewari A, Divine G, Chang P, Shemtov MM, Milowsky M, Nanus D and Menon M: Long-term survival in men with high grade prostate cancer: a comparison between conservative treatment, radiation therapy and radical prostatectomy--a propensity scoring approach. J Urol. 177: 911-5, 2007.
33. Takenaka A, Tewari AK, Leung RA, Bigelow K, El-Tabey N, Murakami G and Fujisawa M: Preservation of the puboprostatic collar and puboperineoplasty for early recovery of urinary continence after robotic prostatectomy: anatomic basis and preliminary outcomes. Eur Urol. 51: 433-40; discussion 440, 2007.
34. Takenaka A, Tewari A, Hara R, Leung RA, Kurokawa K, Murakami G and Fujisawa M: Pelvic autonomic nerve mapping around the prostate by intraoperative electrical stimulation with simultaneous measurement of intracavernous and intraurethral pressure. J Urol. 177: 225-9; discussion 229, 2007.
35. Ramanathan R, Mulhall J, Rao S, Leung R, Martinez Salamanca JI, Mandhani A and Tewari A: Predictive correlation between the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) and Sexual Health Inventory for Men (SHIM): implications for calculating a derived SHIM for clinical use. J Sex Med. 4: 1336-44, 2007.
36. Martinez-Salamanca JI, Rao S, Ramanathan R and Tewari A: [Robotic radical prostatectomy: Cornell University Technique (ART, Athermal Robotic Technique)]. Arch Esp Urol. 60: 383-96, 2007.
37. Martinez-Salamanca JI, Rao S, Ramanathan R, Gonzalez J, Mandhani A, Yang X, Tu J, Vaughan ED and Tewari A: Nerve advancement with end-to-end reconstruction after partial neurovascular bundle resection:a feasibility study. J Endourol. 21: 830-5, 2007.
38. Mandhani A, Tewari AK and Berryhill R, Jr.: [Athermal robotic technique of radical prostatectomy: an assistant's perspective]. Arch Esp Urol. 60: 375-82, 2007.
39. Boorjian S, Cowan JE, Konety BR, DuChane J, Tewari A, Carroll PR and Kane CJ: Bladder cancer incidence and risk factors in men with prostate cancer: results from Cancer of the Prostate Strategic Urologic Research Endeavor. J Urol. 177: 883-7; discussion 887-8, 2007.
40. Tewari AK and Rao SR: Anatomical foundations and surgical manoeuvres for precise identification of the prostatovesical junction during robotic radical prostatectomy. BJU Int. 98: 833-7, 2006.
41. Tewari A, Takenaka A, Mtui E, Horninger W, Peschel R, Bartsch G and Vaughan ED: The proximal neurovascular plate and the tri-zonal neural architecture around the prostate gland: importance in the athermal robotic technique of nerve-sparing prostatectomy. BJU Int. 98: 314-23, 2006.
42. Tewari A, Raman JD, Chang P, Rao S, Divine G and Menon M: Long-term survival probability in men with clinically localized prostate cancer treated either conservatively or with definitive treatment (radiotherapy or radical prostatectomy). Urology. 68: 1268-74, 2006.
43. Tewari A, El-Hakim A, Rao S and Raman JD: Identification of the retrotrigonal layer as a key anatomical landmark during robotically assisted radical prostatectomy. BJU Int. 98: 829-32, 2006.
44. Takenaka A, Leung RA, Fujisawa M and Tewari AK: Anatomy of autonomic nerve component in the male pelvis: the new concept from a perspective for robotic nerve sparing radical prostatectomy. World J Urol. 24: 136-43, 2006.
45. Leung RA, Kim TS and Tewari AK: Future directions of robotic surgery: a case study of the Cornell athermal robotic technique of prostatectomy. ScientificWorldJournal. 6: 2553-9, 2006.
46. El-Hakim A, Leung RA and Tewari A: Robotic prostatectomy: a pooled analysis of published literature. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 6: 11-20, 2006.
47. El-Hakim A, Leung RA, Richstone L, Kim TS, Te AE and Tewari AK: Athermal Robotic Technique of prostatectomy in patients with large prostate glands (>75 g): technique and initial results. BJU Int. 98: 47-9, 2006.
48. Tewari A, Kaul S and Menon M: Robotic radical prostatectomy: a minimally invasive therapy for prostate cancer. Curr Urol Rep. 6: 45-8, 2005.
49. Tewari A, Horninger W, Pelzer AE, Demers R, Crawford ED, Gamito EJ, Divine G, Johnson CC, Bartsch G and Menon M: Factors contributing to the racial differences in prostate cancer mortality. BJU Int. 96: 1247-52, 2005.
50. Tewari A, Horninger W, Badani KK, Hasan M, Coon S, Crawford ED, Gamito EJ, Wei J, Taub D, Montie J et al.: Racial differences in serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA) doubling time, histopathological variables and long-term PSA recurrence between African-American and white American men undergoing radical prostatectomy for clinically localized prostate cancer. BJU Int. 96: 29-33, 2005.
51. Tewari A, El-Hakim A, Horninger W, Peschel R, Coll D and Bartsch G: Nerve-sparing during robotic radical prostatectomy: use of computer modeling and anatomic data to establish critical steps and maneuvers. Curr Urol Rep. 6: 126-8, 2005.
52. Sarle R, Tewari A, Hemal AK and Menon M: Robotic-assisted anatomic radical prostatectomy: technical difficulties due to a large median lobe. Urol Int. 74: 92-4, 2005.
53. Porter CR, Gamito EJ, Crawford ED, Bartsch G, Presti JC, Jr., Tewari A and O'Donnell C: Model to predict prostate biopsy outcome in large screening population with independent validation in referral setting. Urology. 65: 937-41, 2005.
54. Pelzer AE, Tewari A, Bektic J, Berger AP, Frauscher F, Bartsch G and Horninger W: Detection rates and biologic significance of prostate cancer with PSA less than 4.0 ng/mL: observation and clinical implications from Tyrol screening project. Urology. 66: 1029-33, 2005.
55. Menon M, Shrivastava A and Tewari A: Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: conventional and robotic. Urology. 66: 101-4, 2005.
56. Menon M, Kaul S, Bhandari A, Shrivastava A, Tewari A and Hemal A: Potency following robotic radical prostatectomy: a questionnaire based analysis of outcomes after conventional nerve sparing and prostatic fascia sparing techniques. J Urol. 174: 2291-6, discussion 2296, 2005.
57. Hemal AK, Bhandari A, Tewari A and Menon M: The window sign: an aid in laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy. Int Urol Nephrol. 37: 73-7, 2005.
58. Chakraborty S, Ghosh M, Maiti T and Tewari A: Bayesian neural networks for bivariate binary data: an application to prostate cancer study. Stat Med. 24: 3645-62, 2005.
59. Badani KK, Bhandari A, Tewari A and Menon M: Comparison of two-dimensional and three-dimensional suturing: is there a difference in a robotic surgery setting? J Endourol. 19: 1212-5, 2005.
60. Tewari A, Johnson CC, Divine G, Crawford ED, Gamito EJ, Demers R and Menon M: Long-term survival probability in men with clinically localized prostate cancer: a case-control, propensity modeling study stratified by race, age, treatment and comorbidities. J Urol. 171: 1513-9, 2004.
61. Tewari A, Gamito EJ, Crawford ED and Menon M: Biochemical recurrence and survival prediction models for the management of clinically localized prostate cancer. Clin Prostate Cancer. 2: 220-7, 2004.
62. Sarle R, Tewari A, Shrivastava A, Peabody J and Menon M: Surgical robotics and laparoscopic training drills. J Endourol. 18: 63-6; discussion 66-7, 2004.
63. Menon M, Tewari A, Peabody JO, Shrivastava A, Kaul S, Bhandari A and Hemal AK: Vattikuti Institute prostatectomy, a technique of robotic radical prostatectomy for management of localized carcinoma of the prostate: experience of over 1100 cases. Urol Clin North Am. 31: 701-17, 2004.
64. Menon M, Hemal AK, Tewari A, Shrivastava A, Shoma AM, Abol-Ein H and Ghoneim MA: Robot-assisted radical cystectomy and urinary diversion in female patients: technique with preservation of the uterus and vagina. J Am Coll Surg. 198: 386-93, 2004.
65. Menon M, Hemal AK, Tewari A, Shrivastava A and Bhandari A: The technique of apical dissection of the prostate and urethrovesical anastomosis in robotic radical prostatectomy. BJU Int. 93: 715-9, 2004.
66. Hemal AK, Eun D, Tewari A and Menon M: Nuances in the optimum placement of ports in pelvic and upper urinary tract surgery using the da Vinci robot. Urol Clin North Am. 31: 683-92, viii, 2004.
67. Hemal AK, Abol-Enein H, Tewari A, Shrivastava A, Shoma AM, Ghoneim MA and Menon M: Robotic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion in the management of bladder cancer. Urol Clin North Am. 31: 719-29, viii, 2004.
68. El-Hakim A and Tewari A: Robotic prostatectomy - a review. MedGenMed. 6: 20, 2004.
69. Tewari A, Srivasatava A and Menon M: A prospective comparison of radical retropubic and robot-assisted prostatectomy: experience in one institution. BJU Int. 92: 205-10, 2003.
70. Tewari A, Peabody JO, Fischer M, Sarle R, Vallancien G, Delmas V, Hassan M, Bansal A, Hemal AK, Guillonneau B et al.: An operative and anatomic study to help in nerve sparing during laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy. Eur Urol. 43: 444-54, 2003.
71. Tewari A and Menon M: Vattikuti Institute prostatectomy: surgical technique and current results. Curr Urol Rep. 4: 119-23, 2003.
72. Tewari A: Management of clinically localized prostate cancer: pathologic processing to robotic prostatectomy. Rev Urol. 5 Suppl 6: S33-9, 2003.
73. Menon M, Tewari A and Peabody J: Vattikuti Institute prostatectomy: technique. J Urol. 169: 2289-92, 2003.
74. Menon M and Tewari A: Robotic radical prostatectomy and the Vattikuti Urology Institute technique: an interim analysis of results and technical points. Urology. 61: 15-20, 2003.
75. Menon M, Shrivastava A, Sarle R, Hemal A and Tewari A: Vattikuti Institute Prostatectomy: a single-team experience of 100 cases. J Endourol. 17: 785-90, 2003.
76. Menon M, Hemal AK, Tewari A, Shrivastava A, Shoma AM, El-Tabey NA, Shaaban A, Abol-Enein H and Ghoneim MA: Nerve-sparing robot-assisted radical cystoprostatectomy and urinary diversion. BJU Int. 92: 232-6, 2003.
77. Guru K, Tewari A, Hemal AK, Wei J, Javidan J, Peabody J and Menon M: The role of prostate specific antigen in screening and management of clinically localized prostate cancer. Int Urol Nephrol. 35: 107-13, 2003.
78. Tewari A, Peabody J, Sarle R, Balakrishnan G, Hemal A, Shrivastava A and Menon M: Technique of da Vinci robot-assisted anatomic radical prostatectomy. Urology. 60: 569-72, 2002.
79. Porter CR, O'Donnell C, Crawford ED, Gamito EJ, Sentizimary B, De Rosalia A and Tewari A: Predicting the outcome of prostate biopsy in a racially diverse population: a prospective study. Urology. 60: 831-5, 2002.
80. Menon M, Tewari A, Baize B, Guillonneau B and Vallancien G: Prospective comparison of radical retropubic prostatectomy and robot-assisted anatomic prostatectomy: the Vattikuti Urology Institute experience. Urology. 60: 864-8, 2002.
81. Menon M, Shrivastava A, Tewari A, Sarle R, Hemal A, Peabody JO and Vallancien G: Laparoscopic and robot assisted radical prostatectomy: establishment of a structured program and preliminary analysis of outcomes. J Urol. 168: 945-9, 2002.
82. Leak B, Wei JT, Gabel M, Peabody JO, Menon M, Demers R and Tewari A: Relevant patient and tumor considerations for early prostate cancer treatment. Semin Urol Oncol. 20: 39-44, 2002.
83. Tewari A, Porter C, Peabody J, Crawford ED, Demers R, Johnson CC, Wei JT, Divine GW, O'Donnell C, Gamito EJ et al.: Predictive modeling techniques in prostate cancer. Mol Urol. 5: 147-52, 2001.
84. Tewari A, Issa M, El-Galley R, Stricker H, Peabody J, Pow-Sang J, Shukla A, Wajsman Z, Rubin M, Wei J et al.: Genetic adaptive neural network to predict biochemical failure after radical prostatectomy: a multi-institutional study. Mol Urol. 5: 163-9, 2001.
85. Porter C, O'Donnell C, Crawford ED, Gamito EJ, Errejon A, Genega E, Sotelo T and Tewari A: Artificial neural network model to predict biochemical failure after radical prostatectomy. Mol Urol. 5: 159-62, 2001.
86. Guillonneau B, Jayet C, Tewari A and Vallancien G: Robot assisted laparoscopic nephrectomy. J Urol. 166: 200-1, 2001.
87. Wei JT and Tewari A: Artificial neural networks in urology: pro. Urology. 54: 945-8, 1999.
88. Tewari A and Narayan P: Alpha-adrenergic blocking drugs in the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia: interactions with antihypertensive therapy. Urology. 53: 14-20; discussion 41-2, 1999.
89. Tewari A and Narayan P: Novel staging tool for localized prostate cancer: a pilot study using genetic adaptive neural networks. J Urol. 160: 430-6, 1998.
90. Narayan P and Tewari A: A second phase III multicenter placebo controlled study of 2 dosages of modified release tamsulosin in patients with symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. United States 93-01 Study Group. J Urol. 160: 1701-6, 1998.
91. Narayan P and Tewari A: Systematic biopsy-based staging of prostate cancer: scientific background, individual variables, combination of parameters, and current integrative models. Semin Urol Oncol. 16: 172-81, 1998.
92. Narayan P and Tewari A: Overview of alpha-blocker therapy for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urology. 51: 38-45, 1998.
93. Konety BR, Tewari A, Howard RJ, Barry JM, Hodge EE, Taylor R and Jordan ML: Prostate cancer in the post-transplant population. Urologic Society for Transplantation and Vascular Surgery. Urology. 52: 428-32, 1998.
94. Kahn SA, Alphonse P, Tewari A and Narayan P: An open study on the efficacy and safety of transurethral needle ablation of the prostate in treating symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia: the University of Florida experience. J Urol. 160: 1695-700, 1998.
95. Tewari A: Artificial intelligence and neural networks: concept, applications and future in urology. Br J Urol. 80 Suppl 3: 53-8, 1997.
96. Narayan P, Tewari A, Schalow E, Leidich R, Aboseif S and Cascione C: Transurethral evaporation of the prostate for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: results in 168 patients with up to 12 months of followup. J Urol. 157: 1309-12, 1997.
97. Bhandari M and Tewari A: Is transplantation only 100 years old? Br J Urol. 79: 495-8, 1997.
98. Tewari A and Narayan P: Electrovaporization of the prostate. Br J Urol. 78: 667-76, 1996.
99. Tewari A, Indudhara R, Shinohara K, Schalow E, Woods M, Lee R, Anderson C and Narayan P: Comparison of transrectal ultrasound prostatic volume estimation with magnetic resonance imaging volume estimation and surgical specimen weight in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Clin Ultrasound. 24: 169-74, 1996.
100. Narayan P, Trachtenberg J, Lepor H, Debruyne FM, Tewari A, Stone N, Das S, Jimenez-Cruz JF, Shearer R, Klimberg I et al.: A dose-response study of the effect of flutamide on benign prostatic hyperplasia: results of a multicenter study. Urology. 47: 497-504, 1996.
101. Narayan P, Tewari A, Garzotto M, Parramore HW, Schalow E, Starling J and Jones T: Transurethral vaportrode electrovaporization of the prostate: physical principles, technique, and results. Urology. 47: 505-10, 1996.
102. Narayan P, Tewari A, Croker B, Garzotto M, Mustafa S, Jones T and Perinchery G: Factors affecting size and configuration of electrovaporization lesions in the prostate. Urology. 47: 679-88, 1996.
103. Garzotto MG, Tewari A and Wajsman Z: Multimodal therapy for neoplasms arising from a vesical diverticulum. J Surg Oncol. 62: 46-8, 1996.
104. Fournier GR, Jr., Tewari A, Induhara R, Gajenderan V and Narayan P: Nd:YAG laser transurethral evaporation of the prostate (TUEP) for urinary retention. Lasers Surg Med. 19: 480-6, 1996.
105. Evans CP, Gajendran V, Tewari A, Aslam K, Juster R, Gange S, Eason A and Narayan P: The proportional decrease in prostate specific antigen level best predicts the duration of survival after hormonal therapy in patients with metastatic carcinoma of the prostate. Br J Urol. 78: 426-31, 1996.
106. Tewari A, Shinohara K and Narayan P: Transition zone volume and transition zone ratio: predictor of uroflow response to finasteride therapy in benign prostatic hyperplasia patients. Urology. 45: 258-64; discussion 265, 1995.
107. Narayan P, Tewari A, Jacob G, Mahmood I, Gajendran V and Presti J: Differential suppression of serum prostatic acid phosphatase and prostate-specific antigen by 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. Br J Urol. 75: 642-6, 1995.
108. Narayan P, Tewari A, Fournier G and Toke A: Impact of prostate size on the outcome of transurethral laser evaporation of the prostate for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urology. 45: 776-82, 1995.
109. Narayan P, Tewari A, Aboseif S and Evans C: A randomized study comparing visual laser ablation and transurethral evaporation of prostate in the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol. 154: 2083-8, 1995.
110. Narayan P, Gajendran V, Taylor SP, Tewari A, Presti JC, Jr., Leidich R, Lo R, Palmer K, Shinohara K and Spaulding JT: The role of transrectal ultrasound-guided biopsy-based staging, preoperative serum prostate-specific antigen, and biopsy Gleason score in prediction of final pathologic diagnosis in prostate cancer. Urology. 46: 205-12, 1995.
111. Breza J, Aboseif S, Zvara P, Bolton D, Tewari A and Narayan P: Transurethral Nd:YAG laser prostatectomy with a laterally firing fiber: local effects on tissue associated with erectile dysfunction. Lasers Surg Med. 17: 364-9, 1995.