Paula W. Brill, M.D.
Paula W. Brill, M.D. is Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Attending Radiologist at The New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Center. Dr. Brill is also has an appointment in our Department of Pediatrics as Professor of Radiology in Pediatrics. Dr. Brill served as Chief of the Division of Pediatric Radiology and the Chair of the Radiology Quality Assurance Committee through June 30, 2013.
Dr. Brill earned her M.D. degree from Cornell University Medical College and completed residencies in Pediatrics and also in Radiology at The New York Hospital. She is Board Certified in both Pediatrics and Diagnostic Radiology with a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ)in Pediatric Radiology.
Dr. Brill has achieved the status of "Fellow" in the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Radiology. Her interests extend to all aspects of imaging of infants and children, with special interests in bone dyplasias and neonatal imaging. Dr. Brill is a member of the Medical Advisory Board of the Kathryn and Alan C. Greenberg Center for Skeletal Dysplasias at the Hospital for Special Surgery.
Dr. Brill has over 60 peer-reviewed articles published in medical journals and has authored six book chapters. Dr. Brill is a co-author of Bone Dysplasias: An Atlas of Genetic Disorders of Skeletal Development, published by Oxford University Press. She serves as a reviewer for several scientific journals and is a member of the Safety Committee of the Society for Pediatric Radiology. Dr. Brill is actively involved in resident and medical student teaching, including a popular elective in Pediatric Radiology for medical students and pediatric residents.
A summary of Dr. Brill's Education, Training and/or Faculty Appointments is listed as following:
1971 American Board of Radiology
1995 Certificate of Added Qualifications in Pediatric Radiology
2005 Maintenance of Certification in Pediatric Radiology
1970 American Board of Pediatrics
1962 Cornell University Medical College
Residency in Pediatrics
1968 New York Hospital
Residency in Radiology
1971 New York Hospital
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Brill, P.W., Olson, S.R., Winchester, P. Air in Morison's Pouch in Neonatal Necrotizing Enterocolitis. Radiology 174:467-471, 1990.
- Jayogopal, S., Cohen, H.L., Brill, P.W., Winchester, P., Eaton, D. Calcified Neonatal Renal Vein Thrombosis: Demonstration by CT and Ultrasound. Pediatric Radiology 20:160-162, 1990.
- Langer LO, Brill PW, Ozonoff MB, Pauli RM, Wilson WG, Alford BA, Pavlov H, Drake DG. Spondylometaphyseal Dysplasia, Corner Fracture Type. A Heritable Condition Associated with Coxa Vara. Radiology 175:761-766, 1990.
- Stern E., Brill PW, Winchester P, Kosovsky P. Imaging of Prenatally Detected Intra-abdominal Extralobar Pulmonary Sequestration. Clinical Imaging 14: 152-156, 1990.
- Brill PW, Winchester P, Giardina PJ, Cunningham-Rundles S. Deferoxamine-Induced Bone Dysplasia in Patients with Thalassemia Major. American Journal of Roentgenology 156:561-565, 1991.
- Langer LO, Brill PW, Afshani E, Williams CA, Thomas IT, Frias JL. Radiographic Features of Craniometadiaphyseal Dysplasia, Wormian Bone Type. Skeletal Radiology 20:37-41, 1991.
- Levin TL, Brill PW, Winchester P. Enteric Fistula Formation Secondary to Necrotizing Enterocolitis. Pediatric Radiology 21:309-311, 1991.
- Heier LA, Mast J, Carpanzano CR, Brill PW, Winchester P, Deck MDF. Maternal Cocaine Abuse: The Spectrum of Radiologic Abnormalities in the Neonatal Central Nervous System. American Journal of Neuroradiology 12:951-956, 1991 and American Journal of Roentgenology 157:1105-1110, 1991.
- Schwartz LH, Brill PW, Winchester P. A PC-Based Semiautomated Reporting System. American Journal of Roentgenology 157:1117-1118, 1991.
- Wollner N, Lane JM, Marcove RC, Winchester P, Brill P, Mandell L, Fillippa D, Lieberman P, McGowan N. Primary Skeletal Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in the Pediatric Age Group. Med Pediatr Oncol 20:506-513, 1992.
- Miller TT, Caldwell G, Kaye JJ, Arkin S, Burke S, Brill PW. MR Imaging of Deferoxamine-induced Bone Dysplasia in an 8-year-old Female with Thalassemia Major. Pediatr Radiol 23:523-524, 1993
- Brill PW, Winchester P, Cahill P, Lesser M, Durfee S, Giess CS, Auld PAM, Greenwald B. Computed Radiography in Neonates, Infants and Children: a comparison of 2.5 K x 2 K soft copy images vs digital hard copy film. Pediatric Radiology 26:333-336, 1996
- Donovan WD, Brill PW, Winchester P, Giampietro PF, Davis JG, Harbison M. Congenital Fusion of the Fourth and Fifth Metacarpals Associated with Primary Gonadal Failure. Skeletal Radiology 25:269-271, 1996
- Gruen D, Winchester PH, Brill PW, Ramirez E. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Myocardial Infarction During Prothrombin Complex Concentrate Therapy of Hemophilia A. Pediatric Radiology 27:271-272, 1997
- Brill PW, Winchester P. Hard- versus Soft-copy Readings of Computed Radiographs. Letter to the editor. Radiology 208:270-271, 1998
- Do T, Giampietro PF, Burke SW, Davis JG, Raggio C, Schneider R, Boachie-Adjei O, Brill P. The Incidence of Protrusio Acetabuli in MarfanÂs Syndrome and its Relationship to Bone Mineral Density. J Ped Orthop 20:718-721, 2000
- Albano MC, Ross GW, Ditchek JJ, Duke GL, Teeger S, Sostman HD, Flomenbaum N, Seifert C, Brill PW. Resident Interpretation of Emergency CT Scans in the Evaluation of Acute Appendicitis. Acad Radiol 8:915-918, 2001
- Hentel K, Brill PW, Winchester P. Spontaneous Hemopneumothorax. Pediatr Radiol 32:457-459, 2002
- Sutton VR, Hyland JC, Phillips WA, Schlesinger AE, Brill PW. A Dominantly Inherited Spondylometaphyseal Dysplasia with ÂCorner FracturesÂ and Congenital Scolisis. Am J Med Genet 113:209-212, 2005
- Kaste S, Laningham F, Stazzone M, Brown SD, Emery K, Newman B, Racadio J, Estroff J, Brill P, Mendelson KL, Slovis TL, Frush D. Safety in pediatric MR and cardiac CT: Results of a membership survey of the Society for Pediatric Radiology Â 2006. Pediatr Radiol 37:409-412, 2007.
- Spranger J, Brill PW, Poznanski. Bone Dysplasias: An Atlas of Genetic Disorders of Skeletal Development, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, New York, 2002
- Spranger J, Brill PW, Poznanski A. Bone Dysplasias, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, New York, 2002.
- Brill, PW, Winchester P, Kleinman PK. Differential Diagnosis I: Diseases Simulating Abuse, in: Diagnostic Imaging of Child Abuse, Second Edition, edited by Kleinman, PK. St. Louis, Mosby, 1998.
- Brill, PW. Pediatric Applications of MR Imaging. Applied Radiology 22: 13-17, 1993
Honors and Awards
Radiological and Medical Physics Society of New York, Prize in Diagnostic Radiology 1971.
- Orthopedic Radiology
- Pediatric Ultrasound
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Pediatric Radiology
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, NY, 1962