Panchali Dhar, M.D.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
1. Arora N, Dhar P, Fahey TJ. Seminars: Local and regional anesthesia for thyroid surgery. J Surgical Oncology 2006; 94:708-713
2. Brown NI, Mack P, Mitera D, Dhar P. Use of the ProSeal laryngeal mask airway in a pregnant patient during electroconvulsive therapy. Br J Anaesth. 2003; 91(5): 752-54.
3. Dhar P, Tedore T. Awake Insertion of the Intubating Laryngeal Mask Airway using
Dexmedetomidine Sedation. South African J Anesth and Analg. 2003; 9(2): 9-10.
4. Dhar P, Abromovitz S, DiMichele D, Gibb C, Gadalla F. Labor Epidural Analgesia in a Parturient with Severe Haemophilia A. Br J Anaesth. 2003; 91 (3): 432-5.
5. Dhar P, Kaufman B, Dhar P, O’Neill D, Leitman B, Fermon C, Wahlander S, Sutin K. Chest radiograph interpretation skills among anesthesiologists. J Cardiothoracic Vasc Anesth 2001; 15(6): 680-3.
6. Dhar P: Osborn I, Brimacombe J, Meenan M, Linton P. Blind Orotracheal Intubation with the Intubating Laryngeal Mask Versus Fibreoptic Guided Orotracheal Intubation with the Ovassapian Airway: A Pilot Study of Awake Patients. Anesth Intensive Care. 2001; 29: 252-254.
7. Dhar P. Managing perioperative hypothermia. J Anesthesia 2000; 14: 91-97.
8. Dhar P, Kaufman B, Doerfler M, Dadic P. Unusual course of a pulmonary artery catheter. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 1998; 12: 487-9.
9. Kaufman B, Dhar P. Acute respiratory distress syndrome: potential pharmacologic interventions. J Pharmacy Practice 1998; 11: 466-85.
10. Dhar P, Osborn I. The patient for vein of Galen embolization. Anesthesiology News 1996; 7:10-4.
Dhar P. Anesthetic management. In: Milsom JW, Bartholomaus B, Nakajima K. Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery. 2nd edition. New York (NY): Springer-Verlag; 2006.
Dhar P, Yao FS. Anesthesia for Kidney Transplant. In: Anesthesiology: Problem-Oriented Patient Management. 6th Edition, 2007. 7th Edition 2012.
Dhar, Panchali, MD. Before The Scalpel: What Everyone Should Know About Anesthesia. New Haven (CT): Tell Me Press, 2009.
Honors and Awards
Chief Resident in Anesthesiology, New York University Medical Center, 1997.
- Vascular Anesthesia
- Internal Medicine
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1991