Ok-Kyong Chaekal, M.D.
When Experience Matters
When dealing with cancer, you need a physician with knowledge, experience and compassion to care for you.
Dr. Ok-Kyong Chaekal is a board certified Hematologist and Medical Oncologist, an expert in the medical treatment of all types of cancers and blood disorders, with a specific interest in the management of patients with breast cancer.
Dr. Chaekal is a member of the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College at New York Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital and is Medical Director of the chemotherapy Infusion Suite.
Dr. Chaekal holds a medical degree from Indiana University, where she also completed her clinical training in Internal Medicine. She practiced for several years as a General Internist on the faculty of Baylor College of Medicine before pursuing Hematology/Oncology training at the University of Illinois. She then practiced as a Hematologist/Oncologist at the University of Chicago and in Tinley Park Illinois.
When experience matters, you want someone like Dr. Chaekal on your side. Dr. Chaekal has office hours Monday through Friday.
For an appointment with Dr. Chaekal, call (646) 588-2500.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- Medical Oncology
- Breast Cancer
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- B.A., Indiana University, 1981
- M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, 1987