Naomi B. Bishop, M.D.
Dr. Bishop is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Critical Care Medicine, in the Department of Pediatrics, at Weill Cornell Medical College. She received her medical degree (M.D.) from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/New Jersey Medical School. She completed her pediatric residency at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Children's Hospital of New York, and a fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College.
Following her fellowship, Dr. Bishop served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine, and an Attending Physician in Pediatrics at NYU Medical Center, Bellevue Hospital Center, and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York.
She is board certified in Pediatrics and in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. Her major research interests include the evaluation and management of complicated pneumonias in children, and pain and sedation in the critically ill pediatric patient.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Bishop NB, Zhou TX, Chen JM, et al. Impact of gestational age on resource utilization after open heart surgery for congenital cardiac disease from birth to 1 year of age. Pediatr Cardiol 2013; 34(3):686-93.
Bishop NB, Stankiewicz P, Steinhorn RH. Alveolar capillary dysplasia. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011 Jul 15;184(2):172-9. Epub 2011 Mar 11. Review. PubMed
PMID: 21471096; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3172887.
Bishop NB. Traumatic brain injury: a primer for primary care physicians. Curr
Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2006 Oct;36(9):318-31. Review. PubMed PMID:
- Bishop, NB. Traumatic Brain Injury: A Primer for the Primary Care Pediatrician. Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent Health Care. 2006
- Bishop NB. Approach to the Critically Ill Child. In: Horwitz DA, editor. The Pediatric Study Guide. Mead Johnson & Co; 2004.
- Bishop NB, Pon S, Ushay HM, Greenwald, BM. Alteplase in the Treatment of Complicated Parapneumonic Effusion: A Case Report. Pediatrics 2003; 111(2): E 188-190.
- Critical Care Cardiology
- Pain Management
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Contact and Practices
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- M.D., New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1995