Maria V. Suurna, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Maria V. Suurna, M.D., F.A.C.S., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at Weil Cornell Medical College. She focuses her clinical practice on the treatment of head and neck disorders, and related surgical procedures, involving the nose and sinuses; parathyroid and thyroid; salivary glands; sleep apnea and snoring; voice and swallowing disorders; and diseases of the ear and hearing loss.
Dr. Suurna received her medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine and completed her residency training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. She is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. Prior to coming to Cornell she had an appointment as an Assistant Professor with the Department of Otolaryngology at the New York University Langone Medical Center.
In addition to her clinical practice, Dr. Suurna is actively involved in teaching otolaryngology residents and medical students at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. She is a frequent speaker and published author, having had her work and research appear in several prominent medical journals and academic textbooks. Dr. Suurna maintains memberships with the American Board of Otolaryngology; the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery; the American Laryngological, Rhinological and Otological Society; the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Suurna performs surgeries at New York Presbyterian Hospital and sees patients in her offices located at 2315 Broadway at 84th Street and 1305 York Avenue at 70th Street. If you are scheduled to see Dr. Suurna as a new patient, please print and complete the Patient Packet and bring it with you on the day of your appointment.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Problems
- Ear Infection
- Hearing Loss
- Nasal Surgery
- Nasal Disorder
- Sinus Surgery
- Sinus Disease
- Salivary Gland Surgery
- Salivary Disorder
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Gland Surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Sleep Apnea Surgery
Contact and Practices
- Sleep Medicine
- M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, 2004