Maximiliano Sorbellini, M.D.
Dr. Sorbellini joined the Department of Urology at Weill Cornell Medical College as full-time faculty on May 1, 2013. He completed his Urology Residency at McGill University Medical Center and Urologic Oncology Fellowship at the Urologic Oncology Branch (UOB) of the National Cancer Institute (NCI)/National Institute of Health (NIH).
Dr. Sorbellini oversees the urology service at the downtown campus of New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Lower Manhattan. His clinical specialties include urologic oncology (kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penile cancer, and adrenal cancer), robotic and minimally invasive surgery (for benign and malignant conditions), treatment of kidney stones, men’s health issues, erectile dysfunction and prostate disease.
Dr. Sorbellini is a Diplomat (board certified) of the American Board of Urology and a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Canada). His research interests include renal cancer and bladder cancer with particular emphasis on the study of novel diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
If you would like to make an appointment with Dr. Sorbellini or have any questions, please call 212-312-5571.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty PPO]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom PPO]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE SelectHealth
- General Urology
- Urological Oncology
- ED (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate Disease
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
Contact and Practices
- B.S., University of Cincinnati, 1998
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2004