Michael D. Schessel, M.D., F.A.A.P.
Dr. Michael Schessel, a native New Yorker, was educated at Johns Hopkins University and Columbia University from which he was awarded a BA in Art History. He received his medical degree from the State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn (Downstate) and completed his training in Pediatrics at the University of California at Los Angeles.
After residency Dr. Schessel traveled throughout Peru with a team of UCLA cardiovascular surgeons and cardiologists providing life saving surgery and care to the region’s “blue babies”.
Previous to joining Weill Cornell Medical College he served as Assistant Director of Pediatric outpatient services at New York Methodist Hospital and has most recently instructed residents and seen patients at the Stonybrook University Medical Center and private offices on Eastern Long Island.
Dr. Schessel has received specialized training in nutrition and the treatment of obese children and has successfully led many patients on a path to improved health and fitness.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- B.A., Columbia University, New York, NY, 1990
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1994