Maryam Jowza, M.D.
Dr. Jowza is board certified in Anesthesiology with specialty training in Pain Medicine. She specializes in treating patients with back, neck, and other severe pain disorders. Dr. Jowza appreciates that pain is a unique individual experience and strives to work with patients and their physicians to identify the source of pain and tailor a personalized treatment plan.
Dr. Jowza's practice philosophy is to improve functionality and allow patients to resume an active lifestyle. Her recommendations are based on the latest evidence based advances in pain medicine. This may include injections and other minimally invasive procedures, physical and occupational therapy, complementary holistic treatments, relaxation strategies or medications.
Dr. Jowza completed her residency in Anesthesiology as well as fellowship in Pain Management at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Anesthesiology Pain Medicine
- Pain Medicine/Pain Management
- Pain Medicine
- B.A., Bard College, 2001
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2006